Meeting

When Johnny woke up early in the morning, his head was pounding hard. He let out an almost inaudible groan.

-„Dammit, this hangover every time."
He was fucking exhausted from yesterday, barely remembering anything. Cage sat up in the bed, slowly starting to notice his surroundings. -„Fuck, where even am I?"
He said to himself. Did Kung Lao and Raiden leave him alone at the bar for some random stranger to take him home? Cage sighed, then heard rustling next to him in the bed. He was sure he took some woman down yesterday, he hated being taken advantage of of someone he didn't even know. So he turned to the left, seeing a man with a red blindfold lying on his back, one arm put over his head. -„Who the fuck are you?"

Cage asked, studying the man's face. -„Dude, shit, you woke me up."
Johnny let out another groan. -„Listen, I don't care. Who even are you?"

He saw a smile spreading over the swordman's face. He obviously was one. Cage could tell from his hand tattoos and the blindfold. And of course the sword lying next to him. He sure was a looker, but at the same time, Johnny wanted to hate him with all his guts. -„You never heard of Kenshi Takahashi?"
The swordman's rough voice replied. -„Who the fuck-„ -„Seems like Kung Lao or Raiden didn't mention me. Or maybe you forgot, like you also forgot all the things I did to you last night."

-„What are you talking about, Takahashi?" Cage asked. -„You begged me all night to fuck you real hard, you know that? First, you approached me like a complete drunkard, randomly jumping onto me. Then you drag me into this hotel room." Cage laughed. -„Yeah no. You can save your breath for something else than your lies."

-„You run a sharp tongue, cutie. You do seem to have some talent though." -„Talk about talent, meet hollywood's newest star." Cage got up from the bed to gather his things. -„Where are you off to?" Takahashi asked. -„To somewhere where you aren't, Ken-doll." He finished dressing, checked how he looked in the mirror before heading out. The swordsman watching him from bed. -„Hope to see you never." Cage told him and closed the door behind him.

Later, when Johnny met up with his friends again, he sighed in disbelief. -„So you're saying I actually was a drunkard and approached him first??" He ran his hands over his face. -„Yeah." Kung Lao nodded. -„You literally wanted to show us how you're gonna rizz him." Cage smiled at himself. And damn, he actually did. Raiden stayed silent the whole time.

-„Raiden, you know him?" Now Raiden was the one in disbelief. -„You're still asking? He's one of Smoke's friends." -„No way." Raiden and Kung Lao nodded in sync. -„Yes way." -„Damn. I swear, I didn't know." Raiden sighed and waved his hand. -„Of course you didn't. Kenshi was at the reunion with the others too." -„Why did I have to skip that again? Right, I had a shoot." Silence between the three friends. -„Just apologise, Johnny. Come on man." Kung Lao suddenly said. -„Why?" He shook his head. -„Think."

At work, Johnny started to sober up a bit. Then he started remembering details. Of him being totally wasted. And of Takahashi. This damned Ken-doll. He remembered Kenshi's torso, his muscular arms, the words he whispered into Cage's ears.

Johnny's cheeks flushed red for a second, but then he remembered that he didn't like Kenshi's guts. He wanted to forget everything about that night, wishing he never remembered. But the thoughts just wouldn't stop. They haunted him in his dreams, at the gym, at work, just everywhere. Johnny sighed when he was at his mansion again, trying to read a book, his phone next to him buzzing. He looked at the caller ID, it was Lui Kang.-„Hello?" -„Johnny, we need you to come train with the monks." Cage let out a groan. -„Why? What happened?" Lui Kang's voice was concerned. -„Cage, I can see you and the others are slacking off. I will open a portal for you, then explain everything else. Come for training."

A purple portal opened for Johnny to go through. He sighed, preparing himself. One last check in the mirror, then he went through it, finding himself in the Outworld.

-„I've been waiting for you, Johnny Cage." A familiar voice received him. -„Lui Kang." Cage bowed. -„Come, the others are already waiting." Johnny nodded, letting himself be astouned by the surrounded nature over and over again. Lui Kang led him to the small group chatting and laughing. Cage stopped in his movement, when he saw a too familiar face: Kenshi Takahashi's . Kenshi was obviously also surprised hearing Johnny. -„As you can see, someone new joined us. This is-„ Cage snorted. -„I already know." -„How?" Smoke asked confused. -„We met under... unfortunate circumstances." Kenshi nodded

. -„Great, since you two already know each other, why don't you share a room? Since Cage came later than the others and Takahashi is new, it'd make sense. Just show him around, Cage." Lui Kang told him, Johnny rolling his eyes.

As if it wasn't already awkward enough, there only was one shower and two small beds next to each other. Cage turned around as he heard the old door opening. -„Oh it's you, blind swordsman." Kenshi didn't answer, being busy with putting his things on his bed. -„Who said that was your bed?"

Kenshi cleared his throat. -„They were both still free." That was true. Johnny sighed and plopped down on the other matress. -„So, what brings you here?" -„I'm going to help defeat Shang Tsung." Takahashi wasn't the talkative type, huh? -„Can you even fight with no eyes?" -„You want to 1v1?" Kenshi asked back, facing Johnny. Cage just laughed. -„Sure. Should I also put on a blind fold? You know, I am good at martial arts." Kenshi laughed dry back. -„Why give yourself another disadvantage? Let me tell you this; how could you win with no sword?" -„Dude, I already told you I'm the martial arts god." Takahashi chuckled. -„Sure." -„Well, let's see if you can win."

Cage changed and then followed Kenshi into the fighting area. -„You sure you're only gonna use your fists?" -„More than one hundred per cent." -„Good. Attack whenever you're ready." Johnny sighed deeply, then ran towards Kenshi. He let his fist aim to his face, but Kenshi dodged it. A blue smoke appeared next to him, leaving Johnny surprised and focused on the smoke.

That was Kenshi's chance to land a hit. He actually had more than one opportunity, since Johnny only used his fists and he could easily defeat him. He teleported the blue smoke behind Cage, landing a hit in his back, him going down, grunting as he hits the ground.

-„Damn Takahashi, what in the actual fuck was that?" -„Sento." He replied. Kenshi put one foot on Cage's back, pressing him onto the ground while holding both his arms behind his back. Johnny wriggled under him, but he was stronger than he expected. -„Let me go." He said in a fierce voice. -„Only if you admit you jumped onto me that night. You got no reason to hate me, you're lucky it isn't the other way around." Kenshi told him, still pinning him onto the ground.

-„It hurts." Cage admitted. Suddenly, he had these thoughts. Why didn't Kenshi reject him that night? Why didn't he push him away? Why did he bare with him?" -„Let him go." Another voice came from someone leaning against the door. -„Fine." Kenshi said and got up. Finally Johnny was free. He slowly got up from the dusty floor, checking his clothes for any dust. -„Thanks, Kung Lao." The man just nodded and left.

(First chap, I'm just letting my ideas roam free; cr pic cover: seedlingcore on twitter!!)