Chapter 7

I played with the edge of my blouse, waiting to walk into the meeting room. Louis had miraculously convinced me to come to this meeting, one of the main selling points being that Harry wouldn't show at this one. It would just be their management, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and I. Niall and Harry were off somewhere else, doing who knows what.

I quietly walked in, surprised to see only one person sitting there. I didn't recognize the person, so I figured they were some part of management.

"Ah, you must be Faye! Please, have a seat. I'm the only one ever on time- we'll probably be waiting for at least another five minutes!" The lady smiled warmly at me, "Oh and by the way, I'm Rose Hemming, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Yes, I'm Faye! Nice to meet you too, Ms. Hemming! Are you the only management person at this meeting? I figured there would be more!"

"Please, call me Rose. And yes I am, as this is the American part of management they're dealing with now and they don't have as many of us available. Had this meeting been in the UK, there'd be about 10 management personnel!" Rose explained. I smiled at her and nodded, taking my seat.

As soon as I sat down, the door bursted open.

"Sorry we're late again!" I hear three male British voices chorus. I chuckled at their ignorance and turned to face them, the smile dropping off my face when I saw that the other two band members had decided to come to this meeting after all. Honestly, who willingly goes to a meeting?!

"Hi boys, how are y'all?" I asked, trying to cover up the awkwardness, or avoid what awkwardness there would have been.

"Well, I would be a lot better had we not been late, but Harry and Niall over here had to argue over coming! Harry was of course set on it, and Niall wanted to go and do something fun. I don't know how Harry won that argument, but he did. And they argued enough to make us late," Liam told me, with fake annoyance. The boys laughed at him, and Niall grinned, saying to him, "You know you love us Liam, you're just jealous that Harry and I have been hanging out more then you and I!"

At this, Liam scoffed. "Suuuure I am, Nialler, sure I am."

I laughed at their antics, looking back at the table. Maybe this wouldn't be as bad as I thought if I go through with it. Yeah, there could be some tension still, but it wouldn't be that bad with the guys other than Harry. I still didn't get why he hated me so much, I didn't mean to hurt him!

"What is she doing here, Rose?" Harry spat out suddenly. I sighed, here comes the barrage of cold behavior.

"Louis heard she needed a job and was good with hair, so he invited her to come and hear about the hair dresser job needed for the remainder of the tour since Lou needs to go on maternity leave soon," With this, Rose turned to me, "It would pay very well. As I said to Harry, we would need a hairdresser for the remainder of the tour; so one to two more months. It would be pretty easy, as the boys do tend to fix most of the hair by themselves. You would only have to dye hair if Niall asks for it, and it shouldn't be too hard overall!"

"Are they gonna be staying here in the States for the rest of it? Because if not, if I do take this job, I would need a passport," I asked.

"There are a couple more shows over in Australia, and then a few things to do in the UK, but other than that yes, they will be staying in the states."

I nodded, taking everything I had been told in. I could feel all the boys staring at me, awaiting my decision. I did really want to take this job- it would be a ton of fun and I could probably take Nikki with me as well. That would amount to even more fun, no doubt.

"Okay, one last question. Would I be able to take a friend with me at times?"

"Yes, you would. You also would not have to ride on the same tour bus as the boys unless you wanted to during a part of the day, all other times you have a bus for you and the other stylists, then the band has their own."