VI

"H... Hi!" I stumbled on my own words, but managed to say a proper greeting.

"Haha, Hikari, I've known you for this long, yet this is the only time you've ever stuttered." I gave Charlotte a glare. "Eh, who said so, I've stuttered a bunch of times before. I stutter because uh, it's not important!" Kazuha still seemed to smile kindly, but Charlotte on the other hand is already having a fit of giggles.

"Well, bye then Kazuha, we're going to go now!" 

"H... hey, wait!" I wanted to go back and ask if I will ever see Kazuha again, but Charlotte's grip on my arm was unexpectedly strong. "C'mon Hikari, time to go!" 

"Fine..." I mumbled and followed her against my own will. The rest of the shopping trip was boring beyond comparison, as my whole mind is unfortunatly still on Kazuha. "Why'd you drag me awayyyy?"

"No reason. I'm rarely free for once, so we should have more fun. Plus... Having unnecessary feelings for unnecessary people..."

"Okay okay, fine I get it! But no one can say no too beautiful people, right?"

"The time you lost 10k Mora to a pretty girl? The time you gave away 20k Mora to a random handsome boy that was passing by?" Charlotte raised her eyebrows and gave me a is-that-so look. "Ahhhhhh. Ahhhhhhh... I get it Charlotte, no need to break my heart with two sentences." I laughed. Charlotte looked at me for a while before laughing uncontrollably with me.

Alas, times of fun always go by too quick. After walking through the front door with a bag of new clothes, a bag of delicacies, and another bag of fun mechanics and toys that I bought, Lynette finally decided to interfere with me packing up the whole space with things.

"Hikari, may I just ask what you did for this whole day instead of buying stuff?" 

"I did enjoy some food. OH! Do you want some? Charlotte made it." Lynette sighed and shook her head at me. 

"No... it's just..."

"WELL! IF THERE'S NOTHING MOREEE, I'll go and rest for a while." Without giving her a moment to talk to me, I raced up the staircase, leaving thumping footsteps in my hurried attempt to flee.

✦✦✦

Hikari's mind

NO... Has the prophecy already taken place? But what am I supposed to do??? 

Voice inside head: Hikari... The prophecy. I want you to help her... you must... Don't let the prophecy take place...

UGHHHH. JUST SHUT UP!!!!! What do you even mean. I'm just a normal human with a vision. What do you want...

I clutched my head tightly and curled up on my bed. At first, when I heard the voice in my brain, I had innocently thought that I've been a chosen one or something. But the more I lived my life, the more I realised how ludicrous this sounded. 

When I first came to Fontaine, I knew I didn't fit in. People stared at me when I showed my surprise upon seeing popular mechanics and things that I'm sure I've never seen. So day after day, I started to learn how to contain my true feelings and become what people wanted me to become. I became a proper Fontainian. Lyney says I changed from when we first met. But who cares, things have already become like this. And no further changes are neccessary.

"Hikari! Come help me with the props!" Lynette shouted from below.

"Sure thing! Just a sec!" I shouted back.