X

"I didn't, being caught here was out of my expectations too." Kazuha smiled lightly. His smile somehow bringing me a little comfort in this whole awkward awkward situation.

"But... if you didn't do anything illegal? Then why?!"

"Shhh. That's a story for later." With his normal, never dissapearing grin, Kazuha naturally began a topic and loosened the tense atmosphere. The topic though, was something I'd heard of once when buying clothes with Lynette, but unfortunately got dragged away before I could hear more of it.

It was about the seamstress Chiori. Now I think of it, perhaps Lynette dragged me away because of how Chiori's story became in people's imagination. It's not entirely bad, truth comes from stories of course. But her story is somehow...

"Well, Monsieur Lyney, do you know her? I believe she has made quite a name for herself both in Inazuma and Fontaine."

"Please just call me Lyney. And yes, I've heard some interesting tales about her. And I've met her once or twice. She doesn't seem to be the person people describe her to be though." Then Lyney stopped talking, looking as if he's deep in thought.

"She designed Lyney and Lynette's outfits for them." Freminet added. The introverted boy looked sad when he talked about this. But it might just be my imagination.

So... basically, Chiori was once the apprentice of a master tailor, but once after she refused to let a noble customer cut in line, her master deliberately called her unworthy of being their apprentice. After that, Chiori came to Fontaine, in search of a place with true justice. But of couse she was dissapointed once more. Some Fontaine people despise outsiders without any abilities. But everyone's attitude changed after Chiori managed to show her absolutely wonderful skills on tailoring and designing. And now! She's a popular designer and owner of Chiori Boutique.

"Ay Kazuha! We better get going for our next round of work!"

"Coming Beidou!"

Waving his hands, Kazuha left with a woman who looked mighty and hearty. Maybe I could be friends with her as well! 

"Uhm, Hikari?" Freminet poked my arm and whispered. 

Freminet seemed more shy than usual. And Lyney didn't seem as talkative anyway.

"I... I'll go back to Sigewinne. She's probably worried where I'd run off to." Then I swiftly walked past them, quicker than I had intended, I don't want them thinking I'm trying to avoid them. But once Freminet and Lyney were out of eyesight, I ran towards the elevator and jammed my fingers against the button, hoping the elevator would come faster than usual.

✦✦✦

Meanwhile, Furina's room

"Mirror me?" Furina trembled. She had to pinch herself in order to stop herself from sobbing. It's just the Hydro element overflowing... She reminded herself.

"Are... you here to end this.... opera show? Can I... be Furina again?!" She muttered words unclear due to her trembling lips. She looked hopeful, but she also looked like she knew that she is in a dream, whatever imagination she has isn't true. No matter what...

"Furina."

Again that calm voice that made Furina want to cry in anger and happiness all at the same time. 

Then as though thinking it all over and collecting her thoughts, she shook her head.

"No no no. This is not right. I, Focalors! Do not need any kind of savior. I... hahahahhaa, I'm the Hydro Archon! Only me! Not anyone else! I'm the real Hydro Archon!"

She slumped on the ground, like a puppet without its strings.

"But... why am I the one chosen for your opera show... why... me..." Beads of tears appeared, across her face, as she closed her eyes. Her last sentence was a whisper, a question demanding an answer...

"Oh well. I see that the last five hundred years have tortured you a lot, Furina. I'm sorry, the final act hasn't started yet, you cannot simply abandon the show now." Focalors stepped out of the mirror, and gently placed a hand on Furina's head. And memories flooded in.

✦✦✦

"Paimon, do you wanna rest for a day? We already got enough coupons, and I'm not really in the mood to find clues today." Lumine yawned, and stared at the ceiling. Paimon floated beside her.

"But we have to find the hidden rules remember? No slacking off, or else Paimon won't share her food with you today." 

"But what if the hidden rules has nothing to do with Childe? And we were on the wrong track all along."

Lumine pulled out a bunch of coupons and stuffed it in Paimon's hands.

"Can you go get me some food, I'm starving. The rest of the coupons are yours, you can go buy whatever. Thanks Paimon!"

"Hey! Paimon didn't agree to this yet..." But staring at the amount of coupons in her hands, Paimon hesitated. "Just this once!"

"Ya, ya, I want Sweet Madame by the way, don't just buy me some random thing." 

"Paimon knows!" The little flying companion huffed, and with a slightly puffed out cheek, she flew out of the room. 

Just as Paimon left, Lumine quickly sat up straight. The dream she had last night was still vivid, Childe's face and where he had gone. 

Grabbing a cloth from the table, she covered up her face and crept out of the room.