Chapter 4 -- Damn it.

I look up at the leaderboard and see that the ONE person that beat me was Kotaro Bokuto. He got 112.7 points while I got 112.4 points. I scowled at the leaderboard and my friends noticed.

"Ahh... That's right. He's the skater that beat you so bad that you ran away to Korea for a few years..." Atsumu-san says as he stares up at the leaderboard.

"Hey! You can't phrase it like that!" Suga-san says as he smacks Atsumu in the head.

"But at least this time it's by 0.3 points and not 12 points..?" Oikawa-san says while clearly trying to cheer me up.

"If anything, 0.3 is worse since I was so close but just barely... Missed my mark..." I looked down in shame.

Soon enough, the top 3 skaters were to stand on the podium so they could be given their medals. At number one was Kotaro Bokuto with a gold medal, next was me with a silver medal, and in third, Daichi Sawamura from Uozumi with a bronze medal. Afterwards, I went back to my group of friends as the tried to console me.

"It's okay Kaashi..." Suga-san says as I get a small pat on the back.

"Don't wanna make it worse or anything but that rooster may rub it in your face until you beat him." Atsumu-san says while rolling his eyes.

"How about we head back to our dorms so we can eat ice cream-" Oikawa-san says but I interrupted him before he could finish.

"No thank you. I'd prefer to practice some more skating at the rink..." I mutter then I grab my things and start walking to the exit.

"Kaashi's gonna board the train without us..?" Oikawa-san says sadly as I walk further and further away from them.

I had to get back to the university so I could start skating. I got on the bullet train and after a few hours, I rode the buss back to Kagura. I immediately went to the skating rink and obviously, no one else was there- Almost no one. I got my skates on and I started walking to the rink when I saw a familiar stranger. It was the guy from Uozumi with the striped hair and golden eyes. He was practicing a routine then started practicing a few jumps. I stares in amazement but the routine did seem familiar. Nonetheless, I had to push my stupid little crush aside and start skating. I was gliding around on the ice and started going faster to try to get enough momentum for a quadruple toe loop. I did the jump successfully then stopped at the wall. I held onto the wall then started think. What if I did a quint-quad combo?

I was debating whether or not I should do it or if it had ever been done before but decided to go for is anyways. As of that moment, the only quintuple I could do was the lutz so maybe I should do a quintuple lutz then a quadruple lutz? Yes. I started gaining speed until I thought I was ready for the combo. I did the quintuple lutz no problem but when I tried connecting any quads, I couldn't so I ended up doing a single flip then the quadruple lutz.

Hmm... That's strange. I wasn't able to connect it. Maybe if I-

"You're Akaashi Keiji right?" A voice said which broke me out of my thoughts.

I freeze then turn around. It was the hottie from Uozumi with the golden eyes. A million questions ran through my head in that moment.

"Yes, that's my name. How do you know it?" I ask as I turn around completely and stare at him again.

He has a good build- Very fit to be a figure skater. He also looked quite professional as he questioned me.

"I saw you just earlier today at the competition when you debuted your quintuple lutz." He says in a rather calming tone.

My eyes widened at the fact that my crush-ish watched me skate at my competition. Not only that but my crush-ish watched me not get first place.

"Were you there as a skater or as a spectator..?" I ask with a shaky voice.

If he was there as a skater, that means he's the guy with the mask and the hood. He would be my rival that made me run away to Korea for two years but he'd also be my crush-ish. So many thoughts ran through my head as I eagerly awaited his answer.

"Yes. I was there as a skater, representing Uozumi Academy." He says in a sharp voice.

_____

Word count: 854