𝟓 ➙ ❝Promotion❞

BEYOND THE HEAVENS
CHAPTER 5: PROMOTION

King Hua Kang, standing beside his son – Prince Hua San, cleared his throat

King Hua Kang, standing beside his son – Prince Hua San, cleared his throat. "Dear Princess Lin Su, the entire Jinxue Kingdom wishes you a warm 'happy birthday'."

With no choice, Lin Su turned her gaze to the right. Her lips forced a polite smile. "Thank you for your well-wishes, Your Majesty King Hua Kang!"

On the other side of King Lin Chen, Queen Lin Mei observed the tense interaction.

King Hua Kang smiled, seemingly dispelling the invisible tension. "If your father deems it appropriate, I would like to present our gifts now, at the beginning of this celebration."

Princess Lin Su didn't understand why Hua Kang addressed her instead of speaking directly to her father, but she remained silent. Instead, she focused her attention on the person beside her.

King Lin Chen laughed heartily, then signaled a few servants to start the music. "Indeed, it's a favorable time, King Hua Kang!"

'What's best is often saved for last', he wanted to add.

Upon hearing King Chen's approval, King Kang gestured for his servants to approach.

Four Jinxue Kingdom servants struggled up the steps, barely holding the edges of a huge chest. Once at the top, they carefully placed the chest on the floor, a few steps from where the royal family of Lixin Kingdom sat, then retreated with bowed heads. A few seconds later, King Chen signaled his bodyguards to bring the chest closer to the Princess.

Lin Su stood and gracefully approached the chest. All eyes turned to her simultaneously. The sun emerged from the clouds at that moment, casting golden rays upon the Princess, making her glow even brighter. Queen Lin Mei smiled wholeheartedly at the sight of her daughter standing in the sunlight, reaffirming her belief that her Su-Su would shine completely once her silhouette met the sun.

Her elegance and slow movements were carefully observed by the first heir of Jinxue Kingdom. Watching the Princess bathed in light, Hua San clenched his fists under the table. However, his expression wasn't furrowed. Instead, he seemed calmer than ever. But his thoughts were far from calm. A single question revolved in his mind: 'How can I make this Princess accept me?'

Reading the letter sent by King Chen with his father just a day ago, Hua San felt, for the first time in his life, his veins boiling at a higher temperature than usual. His anger had not subsided to this moment. Even though he prepared another plan in case of rejection, Hua San hoped until the last moment that things would go exactly as he desired. However, the content of the letter was crystal clear, as was the appearance of the Princess at the side of that cursed Commander of Xianzou Kingdom. Lixin Kingdom had allied with their enemy. It was as clear as day and everyone present realized the same.