Chapter Three - Ma'Kayla

"Hey Kayla! Come sit with us" My friend Justice was signaling me towards her table. "Sorry,"  I gotta get fit." It was lunch period but I was skipping lunch to go to the school gym. Apparently, Justice isn't really my friend. She's just someone i talk to. She wasn't there for me when i struggled so why consider her a "friend"?

As i walked into the school fitness room, someone has already started their workout. I began on the treadmill so it would  be easy to get a good view of this person. He was lifting weights and boy did his muscles pop out a lot. I noticed i was drifting off because it was time for 5th period and the guy that was trying to get my attention had been standing right in front of me.

"Ma'Kayla!" He said waving his arms around "Hello!! We're gonna be late!!" 

How did he know my name? I shook my head back to reality. Of course he knew me because it was Chresanto. "Oh. sorry.. i gotta go." 

"Yeah, so do i." He pointed to the time. "We have English now." 

i totally forgot he's in half of my classes. Oh man! I got off the treadmill as he spoke. "We can walk to class together. If that's okay with you." I froze. Did he really just say that or am i dreaming again? "Uhh sure. We can walk together." 

I put all my things together as he held the door open for me. "Thanks." i said, and slightly smiled. "No problem." he said with his gorgeous smile. Why the hell was i falling for him? I'm pissed at him. Why? Well he betrayed me. He told me that we were going to friends till the end. Well, The end was two years ago when we were freshmen. 

It was really awkward since we seen each other. "So Kayla, how you been?" I stopped walking. "Excuse me? but i ain't given you the right for you to call me Kayla." 

"Can you not be hard headed and actually talk?"

"No. And i've been fine without you around."

"Look, i'm sorry i wasn't there for you when life was hard. I wasn't thinking. We're in high school now Kayla and-"

"Ma'Kayla to you!"

He sighed. "Sorry. Ma'kayla. We're in high school now and i take this year seriously."

I was furious. "Yeah, you take it serious by becoming a bully to everyone. Especially me!"

"What are you talking about?" He looked confused when he said that. I closed my mouth. "never mind. Let's get going." 

I began walking but he didn't walk next to me. In fact, he wasn't walking at all. i was waving my arms. "Earth to Chres!! Come on." He smirked. "Chresanto to you." I blushed. This was gonna be a long walk.