the night that changed everything -2

Zee, NuNew, Max, and Nat's encounter at the club the same night.

New's POV
I was going to perform at Pentagon tonight. Nat, my manager and also my best friend drove me to Pentagon.

I wasn't really looking forward to it. I loved performing don't get me wrong but something just felt missing. I've felt that for a while now. I don't know if it's because I'm not where I want to be yet.

Pentagon is a big club and they pay quite enough for me to live a comfortable life but it wasn't quite enough. I wanted to strive for more.

But how far can one rebellious kid go?

"We're here." Nat said.

Nat had been trying to land me gigs other places but none have had positive feedbacks.

I sighed and got out of the car. Another day stuck in the same place I've always been.

I got in and P'Jay ushered me and Nat in.

"There's quite a crowd tonight." Jay said.

"Hmm, I wonder why." I wondered out loud.

"They are coming to see you of course. And get this, the owners are going to be here tonight and well. Impress them and I say you got a one way ticket to success." Jay said.

"Then, can you set up a meeting with them?" Nat asked.

"If they want a meeting, they would be ones to set it. So word of advice, go out there and kill it." P'Jay said to me.

That wouldn't be a problem to me. Once I perform I always gave it my all.

"I will go tell the MC that you're ready." P'Jay said and left.

"Alright New. This is the opportunity we've been looking for. Make sure you wow them tonight." Nat said to me.

"Yes sir. I'll give it my all. Don't worry." I reassured.

"Introducing Kirin." I heard the MC announced.

I got on stage and truly there were a lot more people than last time.

I breathed in. The owners were watching. If I was gonna go higher then I needed to give more than my all in this performance.

.........

I was done with my performance and honestly I went harder than I have ever did. The cheers were the loudest I had ever received.

I was out of breath. Maybe I pushed myself too hard but it was worth it.

"Thank you." I said and bowed before exiting the stage.

"That was the best ever. You blew away the audience and I'm pretty sure the owners would be too." Nat said excitedly handing me a bottle of water and a hand towel.

"I hope so." I said smiling at him and accepted the items.

I drank the water and wiped the sweat off my face.

P'Jay came in, "WOW man, that's your best performance yet."

"Thank you." I said.

"And get this, the owner wants to see you." P'Jay said.

"Really?" Nat asked excitedly.

"Yeah in the VIP room. Come on let's go." P'Jay said.

We started walking upstairs and I was feeling nervous. I couldn't mess this up. It might be my only chance at achieving my dream.

We finally arrived at the front of the VIP room. P'Jay knocked on the door.

"It's Jay I am with Kirin sir." P'Jay announced before opening the door.