5. Bubbly feelings..

Aditi POV

There was pleasant music playing in the background, and people were talking to each other while munching over the snacks served in the party. And just like that it was 10 pm already. After talking with me for some time, Dev went to check in with other classmates. Slowly people started leaving for their homes as it was late. I didn't realize how time flew by in the birthday party as I enjoyed being there. No, not just because of the kitchen event. I-it was a good party. Shivi, Diyu and Dev engaged me in conversations which made me feel good. That's why. *Silent blushing noises insert*

Diyu was handing return gifts to our classmates one by one and Dev was briefly talking to them before they left.

_So this is how parties happen huh_ I wondered.

Meanwhile, Shivi came and told me that our auto uncle has come to pick us up.

"So shall I change into my original dress now? I'll send this dress to dry cleaning and then return it. Will that be okay?" I asked Shivi.

"Yeah that'll be more than okay girl. But your dress isn't dry yet so you'll have to go home in this dress today." She replied.

"Ohh. Okay." I said, a bit embarrassed.

...

"We'll get going aunty. The party was very nice. We really enjoyed it." I said as we went to say our byes to Meena aunty.

"Haa aunty ji.. Good night.." Shivi added.

"Okay beta. Take care. And don't forget to take your return gifts. Diyu's over there."

We headed towards Diyu after talking to Meena aunty.

...

"Thank you Diyu! Good night.." we said as we took our return gifts from lil cutie Diyu.

"You have to come again. Soon. Okay?" Diyu requested us with cute puppy eyes.

_how can I deny such a lovely request now_

"Yes. Of course!" I replied, which earned me a teasing nudge from Shivi.

I just smiled and blushed a bit coz I decided to give in to her teasing.

After that we headed towards the door. And there he was, Dev, looking at us, standing there to send us off. Most of the people left so it felt like that scene from the movies where the hero and heroine are alone in a grand location looking at each other, in spotlight, during a song.

"Okay Dev and Aditi. I'mma go sit in the auto and leave you both to have your lovely-dovey byes. Be done within 5 mins, okay? Ciao!" Saying that Shivi left to wait in the auto.

"So.. you are going to go now, huh..?" Dev asked after a few moments, breaking the long-awkward-shy silence between us.

"Y-yeah.." I said nervously.

"It was a nice party." I added.

"Glad that you liked it." He replied as he tilted his head slightly down, probably trying to hide his blush.

"You look really dashing today. And super-duper cute when you are trying to hide your blushing face right now." I immediately said, trying to pass a flirty compliment.

His ears turned red now.

_so his ears turn red when he blushes.. that's super adorable_ I chuckled internally.

"T-thanks.." he replied.

_did he just stutter? Oh my heart.._

"I wanted to say this earlier but couldn't.. the dress.. it looks really gorgeous on you. I felt like I received so many gifts in one day when I saw you in the dress for the first time." He complimented. It felt genuine.