II. Status Update

It's been days

It's been days. Naya magically connected two circle of friends she has. Marco and his friend, Eliana, now hangs out with Alexis' group, and their center comes smiling Naya.

"Maria!" Naya called. She waved her hand in the air when she saw Marco and Eliana entered the classroom. She took her bag sitting on the chair beside her as let Marco sit their. The other people in the room looked at them, but none of them said a word.

Alexis elbowed Naya lightly but the latter just smiled at him with her teeth showing and her eyes drawing a single line. "Behave."

Naya just stuck her tongue out at him, and went back to Marco. Marco, on the other hand, keeps scrolling his phone with his lips tightly shut close.

"So Maria," Naya started. Marco looked at her for awhile and went back to his phone.

"Hmm," he simply hummed but it was enough for Naya.

"You attending the testimonial party later?" she asked. Marco nodded.

"Oh," Naya played with the cover of her notebook, "How about you, Alexis?"

"Yes, of course," Alexis was, as always, playing with piano tiles on his phone.

"What are you wearing?" Marco just jumped in the conversation, this time, his phone is already hidden in his pocket.

Alexis just shrugged his shoulder, "It's Hawaiian. I don't know, just shorts and Summer Designed polo?"

"And you?" Marco elbowed Naya gently. The girl just looked at the ceiling thinking.

"Maybe a spaghetti strapped shirt? And shorts? It's Hawaiian, beach. I don't know. I'll look inside my Pandora's box later."

"And the others?" Other people surrounding them started talking about what they'll going to wear for the party later. And Naya is drowning in her own thoughts about her own outfit.

Marco just nodded, "I'll buy one later, wanna come?"

They all looked at Marco. The man doesn't worry about money because he is a scholar and his older siblings are just one call away. But that's not the case for Naya.

"I'll go," Eliana and Alexis said in unison.

"I will, too." Their other friends, including her close friend Gianna said yes.

"Come with us, Naya," Gianna pleaded. But she shook her head.

"Pass," Gianna pouted. But the girl knows there's no changing her mind.

They all went home after their class that day. Some went shopping, some eating, some just roaming around malls. And Naya went home to stare at the clothes she has in her room.

"What am I gonna wear?" The question lingered in the air for hours until it's already time for the party.

"Naya, are you ready?"