18: EPILOGUE- LETTERS

As far as the Storian reaches, this narrative is considered quite finished; The End reached and the book closed. We have a witch certain of her power, a princess just growing in hers, a boy-King crowned, and a knight ridden to tournament victory.

However, there are matters unresolved; and the Storian is not the only being ever to place pen to paper, throughout the Woods. What of Prince Peeta and Reena? What of Agatha's travels? Sophie's future? Hort's? And what, oh what, of Queen Guinevere?

Peruse the following correspondence from across the span of the next six or so years, and answer yourself your queries; the epistolary form is one that can be found to be rather enlightening.

N.B: Do mind the creative spelling from one of the more enthusiastic of our correspondents. It's positively medieval...

----------------

BEA,

It's over! It's really over, the deed is ripped up, the betrothal is no more! Finally, the potential of being a bride to putrid Peeta has stopped darkening my door. God knows what Tedros and Chaddick &co did to him besides beating him in the joust, but they must have done something– not long after we got back from the coronation, Father got a letter from the Empress of Putsi, claiming that the betrothal was no longer beneficial to her and urging him to sever the arrangement, which I was more than happy to encourage. In fact, I intercepted the letter before it ever got to him, to make sure I could really play my cards right when it was raised to him. I pretended to be mortified, and squeezed out a few tears, but I think it helped that Chaddick embarrassed him so badly in the joust– Father thought he seemed a real weenie. (No matter that I'd been trying to convince him of that for years...) Anyway, I'll give Chaddick a big kiss and half my termly allowance when we get back to school after the holiday. I've already written to him to thank him. But really, I can't tell you how excited I am!!! I knocked over my drink and nearly stepped on the cat running to write this. Write back and we can work out how we're going to play this; your mother will likely take little convincing now that Peeta is out of the way, and a contending attachment seems both plausible and proper again, but we may need to elevate your family's standing to convince my father. This can be done; I feel like everything is within my power now. Perhaps I can even convince Dovey to lend us a hand, now she's stopped lavishing all her attention on our friends over in many tower'd Camelot... (I had fun, and no one could say Teddy isn't a good host, but isn't it so cold there? And so... rickety. They're a little conventional, bless them, but we all know someone who's going to shake that up.) Write back soon!!!!

With lots of love,

Your Reena xxxx

P.S. tell Milly if you see her at the Midwinter Féte that I want my good shoes BACK

-------

TO:
TEDROS
THAT BIG CASTLE IN CAMELOT

CAMELOT

FROM:
HORT
SCHOOL FOR EVIL

NOTE FROM KAMELOT SECURITIE: TRUE TO YOUR MAJESTIE'S WILL THIS NOTE HAS BEEN PERMITTED THROUGH VETTING DESPITE GENERAL SUSPICIOUS DEMEANOUR, BUT WITH SUNDRIE RESPECTS WE URGE THAT YOU PRESENTLY INFORM MISTER SCOURIE TO ADDRESS NOTES PROPERLIE AND NOT ATTEMPT TO PLACE LIVE FROGGES INSIDE. ENCLOSED YN THYS BOX YS AFOREMENTIONED FROGGE.

Hi Tedros can I have some advice. Once we graduate I want to stay at school and be a Pastoral Supervisor and help the kids not die or be sad but Sophie's staying too and I know you said that I shouldn't follow Sophie around but it's not my fault Lesso wants her to be 'Deputy in Malevolence' and to go and do Lesso's dirty work and learn all the cool Evil stuff and be trained to be her successor. (No one's SAYING that last bit, since I guess they're all too scared to mention the idea of Lesso dying or retiring, but it's really obvious). So what should I do? Don't ask Agatha, I know you think me and Agatha have the same Sophie Blind Spot. I sent you the frog I talked about since I couldn't draw him, he's my favourite though so please send him back and don't let your stupid dogs eat him. My dad's funeral is going to be on Saturday and I would like it if you would come and you'd bring Chaddick and Nicholas though I wrote to Nicholas too. Sophie says she'll come and Agatha too. Thanks Hort.