03

Chapter 3

" ah, you must be the new student. Eager aren't you." The man with the crow mask crossed his arms and tilted his head looking down on her.

Y/n caught his gaze head on, her lips pressed thinly together as she stared him down.

"What an entrance you've made and bringing a poorly trained familiar with you which breaks the rules!"

The man seemed to treat her as if she couldn't understand what he was saying, he spoke slowly as if it would have more of an impact on her. He waved his finger in front of her as if to emphasise that she unknowingly broke his 'rules'

"That's not my familiar" Y/n spoke up, annoyed that he thought the two seemed to pair well together.

"Well you almost missed the sorting ceremony! What were you thinking, now hurry along. I'll hold onto your familiar for you"

The crow masked man placed his hand on her back and pushed her forward.

Y/n turned to glare at the man only to feel an involuntary shiver fall down her back as she caught his gaze.

Something had changed within the man.
He seemed more frightening, his eyes were glowing with a slight red outline and his pupils shrunk. She sucked up her displeasure and clenched her teeth as she walked forward.

'There's no point in starting a fight with a man you've just met' Y/n thought catching a small glance at the man.

"We're here! Alright, follow me in!"

Behind the doors, some whispers were head the loudest one being the answer to "where did the headmaster go?"

"I think he left because he had a tummy ache"

'So he's the headmaster of this academy..' Y/n subconsciously sighed as he let go of her back.

The doors slammed open.
"I most certainly did not! If you must know, I left to find the student who failed to show for orientation!"

The hall fell silent.
"Up you go" he gestured to the mirror in the middle of the room on a slight stage.

Y/n sped walked to the mirror, her face still as if set in stone.

A face slowly appeared in the mirror.
Y/n blinked, recognising it as the same exact face which had brought her to this academy.

The two exchanged glances, both somewhat aware that the other recognised them

"State thy name"
The mirror asked

"Y/n Addams"

"The shape of thy soul is..." the mirror paused and at that moment it looked as though even the headmaster held his breath.

Y/n's dead eyes bore into the masked reflection.
The mirror glanced up at Y/n then back to the floor in a split second.

"The shape of thy soul is pomfiore!"

The hall erupted into cheers and applause.
Y/n glanced at the leader of the pomfiore house.
A tall blonde man with purple edges, he was beautiful but he was definitely someone Y/n didn't want to talk to.

"I WANT TO BE A STUDENT TOO!!! HEY ZOMBIE TAKE ME WITH YOUUU!!" the cat hissed as it tried to escape the masked man and once it did. It ran at Y/n, hiding behind her legs.

"He's kinda freaky and sketchy, take me with you.." the cat whispered.

Y/n looked in the direction the cat was looking in.
He was already staring at her with a chilling smile like she was prey.

"No."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO-"