Chapter 5

Lucius Vallentino’s POV

"Are you ready?” I asked him politely before holding his hand and make his way to my car, I open the door for him and guide him to sit at the shotgun seat before I close the door.

“Please take care of my son, Lucius” His mother said and I just nod at her before going to the driver seat.

He’s wearing his glasses again and it looks good on him, “Are you comfortable? Do you want me to turn on the aircon?” I asked casually.

“Yes please, thankyou” He said that made me smile slightly before I turn on the aircon and start the engine.

It’s funny to think that I can treat him like a real woman, when in my past relationships I didn’t treat my wife like this. I’m probably looks ridiculous right now.

“How’s your day?” I asked so he wouldn’t feel awkward in the silence, “I’m good, how about you?” He asked and I stare at him for a moment before I answered.

Gusto ko pa sana mag tanong pero baka hindi na siya komportable kaya nag maneho na lamang ako patungo sa hospital na sinabi ni tita.

This is a private hospital and the payment here is also expensive but it seems that they know the owner so they only pay for medicine, that’s what my father told me.

When we got there, I went out first and opened the door for him, I also helped him out so he wouldn’t trip, “Thankyou” His angelic voice is so mesmerizing that every time I hear it, the world seems to stop.

“Is your voice really like that when you were young?” I asked while we’re walking inside but i’m still holding his hand, “Yes! Someone always notices my voice, isn’t it ugly?” Bahagya akong natawa sa sinabi niya.

“No definitely not, it’s like an angel voice.. your voice is so calming” I said soothingly while smiling, his face flushed and he also smile that made me smile even more.

How come i’m treating this man which I don’t do to others?

“You must be good at singing too” I said and his smile suddenly vanished, “What’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?” I asked worriedly.

“Ah, nothing.. just remembered something” He answered that I was surprised, this man must’ve had a lot of past and not just because of his blindness because I can feel that there’s something else.

“Khazian! You’re in time honey, it’s so nice to see you again” Suddenly a female doctor approach us as soon as we enter the hospital, she has a big and happy smile on her lips and pull Khazian into a hug.

“Oh and who’s this handsome man? It’s odd that you’re not with your mother huh, she must be very busy now” The doctor said.

“Yes my mother is busy right now, and this man right here is my... my uhmm..” It was obvious that he was struggling with the answer, that’s why I helped him, “I’m his husband” Sagot ko na kinalaki ng mata niya at tinignan ako mula ulo hanggang paa.

“Wait you seems familia— Wait! Are you the CEO of Vallejo company?!” She said with a shock expression and I nod while Khazian has a puzzled expression, “Khazian you don’t know him? He’s very popular in Australia, Russia, Indonesia especially in Italy” Gulat paring sabi nung doctor, hindi naman sa pagmamayabang pero proud ako na sikat ako.

“Really? He must be a millionaire” Khazian but I just put on a snicker smile and let the doctor tell him who I am, “A millionaire?! No Khazian, he’s a billionaire” The doctor said and I feel his body tense a bit.

“Really?” Khazian said in half of disbelief, “Yes he has many assets such as luxurious villas and restaurants, also apartments and gold bars” I sighs softly because of her chatter, shee probably knows a lot but Khazian needs to check up so this is enough for now.

“Alright that’s enough, we came here to have a check up and you shouldn’t have forgotten that” I said a bit stern and she suddenly stopped talking and apologize awkwardly.

“Yes sorry, please follow me” Nauna siyang naglakad kaya sumunod kami ni Khazian, bigla siyang natahimik kaya nagtaka ako.

“You’re 27 right?” Biglang tanong niya na kinatahimik ko saglit, “Yes, why?” I asked.

“You’re amazing, at that age you had riches immediately.. I must say i’m impressed” He said shyly that made me smirk.

I suddenly want to impress him even more, if the return is the compliments from him. There’s no lie behind his compliments it’s just pure kindness and amazement.

It’s like an angel is praising me, it’s so nice to hear.