Prologue

Is this really happening to me right now? The man who walked out on me is actually standing in front me. I can't look at him after everything he did to us. Antonio can sense it in me. I don't know if it's that obvious but I'm too confused on what to do at this moment.
“Neviana” he says..
Do I respond, do I yell at him, what do I do. After what felt like hours I finally came up with words to say.
“Dad,” I whisper.
    “Neviana,” he says.
Motioning in a hugging motion walking this way. He wraps his arms around me.
I don't want to hug this man after everything that he has done. At the same time I did, I just needed this hug before he walked out on me, I thought it was the last time I ever would have shown emotion to any man. My mom raised me better than this, and it was sure to not have a pity little hug with this garbage.
“Get off of me.” I blurt.
I look at Antonio who is as surprised as me. Why isn't this man moving, I push him away from me but he won't budge.
“Let go of her!” Antonio yells. He grabs my supposedly loving father now.
I don't feel bad for him, he wanted to leave me for his new life and he can have it but for one sure thing was, I wasn't going to be his daughter.
“Neviana, please let me explain.”
“No you don't get to come up to me and play Dad right now. You left, and when you left the love for you did as well!”
He looks at the ground holding in his depressed look as if he is trying to say something.
“Nevi, Kamari is your brother..”
What? This can't be happening. This whole time I've thought it was Kamari’s messed up way of getting back at me. Now I get it the whole talk about my dad, sorry our father just made him mad. Also now I understand why someone that cruel would run away to start a new family after years of violence to the one he started but just left. I don't get it, this is all happening so fast. Drew left, even from his own blood.