Neviana

I don't know what I did to make her so mad. The whole day until we left the airport I got this mean energy from her. Zera is only quiet or gets so defensive when I talk about Nicolas. But how could she when I told her how I felt about him.
I look out the window as we pass this beautiful neighborhood, it looks very old and new money. I look at the address in my maps on my phone. We're going the right way but it's still a few minutes away. Soon we reach this heavily black gated house, the driver rolls his window down and presses this button.
“Juliez residence.”
“What’s your name and what are you here for?” The driver says.
“Neviana Perez, International student.”
“Perez, homestay?” The driver says.
The gate beeps like an acceptance into this fancy palace.
As I get out of the car, I look back at Zera. She's glaring at me.
Zera: Sorry, long flight.
Me: That’s fine, I'll talk to you tomorrow.
The driver is now taking my other best friend away from me and I'm scared. I look at the house with all bags in hand dreading what's to come. I take one look back as the gates close, I can’t see the car anymore, just the gates.
“Neviana!” I feel someone hugging me.
Who is this boy?
“Sorry he's been waiting for you, he's been waiting for someone to keep him company.”
A woman shoves him from the back, she's laughing.
“How rude of either of them to not introduce themselves, I’m Maria. This is my husband Jeremiah and my son Jaztin.”
“Hello, it’s not to meet you. You both have such a large, HUGE home, it's beautiful though.” I say.
“Thanks for the compliment, it's now yours.” Jeremiah says.
“Oh I couldn't possibly call this mine. You both must have worked so hard for this house, I couldn't.”
“Well what I say goes, we're both excited to host your last senior year.” Maria says.
This couple even have maids, as we were talking I saw these women taking my bags into the house. I wonder what type of careers or power they have in this city or over this city.
“Let’s get you inside, I'll give you a tour.” Maria says.
As we walk up the staircase Jaztin is sprinting up the door, he almost falls. It gives me a literal heart attack.
“Be careful Jaztin!” Me and Maria say.
We look at each other and laugh.
I’m loving this home already.