Nicolas

How do I tell her? I look at Zera, gosh she's beautiful. I haven't stopped thinking about her since I got on the plane. When I see the car arrive, I put the bags in the trunk and open the doors for Iva and Zera. After I make sure we have everything I get in the car and Zera yells "La Lucila, we're here baby!"
Zera looks at me and smiles.
"You're so handsome." Neviana says.
I really want to tell her that me and Zera have been talking since summer. Looking over at Zera in a saddish tone I say.
"You're pretty Iva."
Giving compliments in our friendship was always normal but now I feel like I'm cheating on Zera.
I just know that this year through our perfect friendship it might get messy.
Zera's smile fades and she looks out the window.
This drive seems endless while looking out the window but I can't stop thinking about Zera, since the kiss at the coffee shop. That was my first instinct and what my mind was set to was seeing Zera.
I feel something light on my shoulder when I look down, it's Iva.
"Somebody's sleepy!" Zera says harshly.
Iva laughs it off not knowing it was an insult, I give Zera a look that she needs to calm down. The car goes quiet and as I'm looking out the window seeing the neighborhood we're going to be living in. We all live in different host families and it's scary being apart from them in an unknown place to all of us. I'm the first one off and seeing that car leave while my girls are looking back at me, it hits me how much i'm going to miss them after we graduate. As I turn around to this modern home I sigh as this is going to be a long year..