|1|

Friday 4:35pm

"Yo Mike you finna race tonight?" " Nah moms tripping talkin' bout' i needa get that C up in Mrs. Deon class." " Nigga that easy ahh class and school finna' end anyway." Laughing ringed through the phone. " No shit I just be getting distracted." " Everyone know the reason YOU be distracted, Mrs. D be sticking those double D's all in yo face knowing she married."

"Chase shut up and that's not the reason." Mike rolled his eyes before looking at his posters that was hung on his cream colored walls. "Kaylah called me on some dumb shit saying she only wit me fo' the money and other stuff ."

"That fat bitch need to worry bout that std she got from Alvin gay ass." Mike was going to respond before he saw his pit bull walk then trying to get on the bed. " Hey mama , you need help?" Putting his phone down he grabbed his dog and started talking in a baby voice.

"I know this nigga ain't over here talking to his dog like that." Chase started laughing which made Mike sigh playing with his pit. " Yo this nigga too single." Hearing a few laughs in Chases background, Mike mugged the phone before speaking." Nigga didn't you take yo cousin to prom because yo momma didn't want to."

" Oh you quiet now huh? Like I thought." As he was putting Chloe down a woman walked into the room. " Mike I need you to go down to the store and get me some chips." She said handing him the money which was just 5 dollars.

"Whatchu want?" "boy you know what I want." Rolling her eyes walking out the room with Chloe following her.

"Was that yo fine ass momma?" Chase said out of a minute of silence. Mike didn't even say nothing he just hung up.

Stretching as he stood up, he walked to the bathroom that was across the hall. He grabbed a face towel out the hallway closet on the way there. He stood looking at himself in the mirror, his eyes were low and red, some of his hair stood out.

>>>

Sliding his feet into his black crocs, his little sister, Erica, ran down the stairs before standing beside him smiling. "Can I come wit- No." He said before she could finish his sentence. "But momma said to go with you." "No." "Then I'm telling. MAMAAA!"

"MICHAEL TAKE HER WITH YOU!" " Bring yo ugly tale on." She smiled before running out the door to their mothers car.

"What you doing? We walking." She stared in disbelief as her older brother started walking the other way. The store wasn't that far and Mike was used to walking.

"Wait on me." Screaming and running before he got too far. Finally catching up to him, she was out of breathe. "Mike-Mike, can I get on your back?" Mike looked at her before sighing and squatting down. "Yay!" Jumping on his back causing him to stumble then stand back up.

>>>

"Damn, that was a long ass walk." Getting hit in the back of the head, he looked back. " Sorry." She jumped down almost falling before running to the candy isle. Mike followed right behind her  picking up a bag of plain lays as he passed them.

"Erica, hurry and get what you want before I leave you." Watching as she ran from another then running back. " Mike." "What?" "I gotta pee bad." Rolling his eyes "Then go use the bathroom." She ran towards the back while Mike went towards the slushie machine.

A teen girl round the age 17 walked up to Mike as he grabbed two cups. "Hey." She spoke up causing Mike to look to his left and down. He gave a confused look which she giggled at. "I'm Ari from school." Smiling looking up at him.

"As in Arianna Blake?" He questioned. The girl frowned before putting a smile back on. "No silly, Arianna Rodriguez, cheer captain, friend of Lonnie." He finally realized who she was before putting a mug back on his. Erica walked back from the bathroom before grabbing a bag of hot fries and a bug juice then walking to the counter.

"That must be your little sister?" He only nodded in response. Starting to walk away but she grabbed his arm. "I was wondering if you would want to come to my party this Saturday." Mike thought  for a minute.

"Sure." He said causing her to smile. "Great, it starts at ten. If I could get your number I could send you the address." Holding out her phone, he grabbed it typing in his number and saving it under 'Mike'.

"Mike come on, you acting like I got money." Erica shouted from the register watching as a man walked pass. He sighed walking towards the little girl with a big afro which was the color of a dark red.

>>>

Once they arrived on their doorstep they stopped for a breather. Mostly Mike since he carried Erica and the bag. Entering the front door, he dropped erica before taking off his shoes then heading upstairs to his moms room with Erica following him.

Not bothering to knock he opened the door revealing a man tied up to the bed, in reaction he grabbed Erica and shut the door quickly. Turning to leave he saw his mom in a robe walking up the stairs. "Ma, who the hell is that?" She raised a eyebrow looking at him.

"Stay in a child place." Pushing past him and walking into her room. Mike watched his mother in shocked before heading to Erica's room. Her room was covered in pink head to toe. Placing her down on her Shimmer and Shine themed covers and passing her the pink Ipad that was sat on the TV stand.

He closed her door on the way out before going into his room then jumping onto his bed with a sigh. His phone ringed before he could close his eyes.

'Ms. Hungry' He answered without question. "Hello?"

"Heyy, how you doingggg?"

"Ma, what do you want?" They called her ma or mama time to time due to her acting like a mother during serious situations like being in public.

"Nothing Me and Jaz was thinking of going to Ari's party this Saturday. Anddd"

"Yes, I'm going."

"Firstly i wasn't gon ask that I was going to ask if you can come get us and buy me sum food."

"With what car?"

"Don't your momma got a car? Use hers."

"She not finna let me get in a ha shi."

"Bitch steal it like you stole that man wallet."

"Shut the fuck up and no. We can walk tho."

"You get on my nerves and bye love you ."

"Bye Love you too."

She hangs up soon after. "I'm so ready to move and get my own shit." Mike thought laying flat on his bed.