2

The chimes of the front door nearly made Win jump out of his skin.
Sweet Nothings was open by seven in the morning daily but no one really came by that early, especially not on a weekend. Early morning was usually Win's quiet hours. Time where putting the snow buns in the kiln and decorating gingerbread men were almost meditation.

He looks at the door in disbelief, perhaps a stray cat mistakenly opened it or a bird flew into the chimes.

But no, there was a person by the door.

Someone with longish hair tied haphazardly, eyes stern and dark rimmed, lips pressed into a serious line.

"Bright?," Win asks not quite sure he was seeing who he thought he was seeing.

At the mention of his name his lips crack open and once again the marble statue transforms into something much softer but still just as beautiful.

"Good morning," the newcomer says as he takes a seat at the same booth he occupied yesterday.

"You're early." Win was surprised.

"Oh wait, is your shop not open yet?"

"It is. It's just well, you probably slept late."

"You did too."

"But I'm a baker. I wake up at 5am whether I like it or not."

"I was thinking I better be here early you know? In case uh the crush is here early too."

Win leaves his counter and sets down two cups of coffee at Bright's booth.

"How much do I owe you?," Bright asks, surprised as Win pushes one of the cups towards him.

"On the house, first customer special. Plus you know, it's kind of cute you have this whole crush thing."

"You don't think it's silly?"

"It's a little stalkery," Win laughs. "But not silly."

"Hey!"

"If you don't mind me asking

"If you don't mind me asking...what's stopping you from just approaching this girl?"

Bright flushes a deeper red. "It's a guy actually."

"My bad for assuming. But same question, why not just approach them?"

"I wouldn't know how."

Win considers this as he takes a sip of his coffee. Bright waited for him last night and drove him home. He lived very near the store but they opted for the extremely scenic route because they were having too much fun talking. Bright registered as brooding but once he opened up he was a chatterbox and told the most interesting stories. He was as effusive as his name - charming and open and engaging. It was almost one in the morning when they said their goodbyes and it was only because Win could no longer hold in a yawn and so Bright insisted they both get some sleep. It was really confusing to Win how someone with such easy confidence alongside celebrity looks could be faltering at the romance department.