Fall

As I check my notes, my gaze directed to the person who has been calling my name. When they were closer, they asked "Hi, um if you have time, do you want to grab lunch with us?".

Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to go because of the urgent task I have to do. After I declined the offer, I heard one of them whisper "told you". I decided to bid my farewell.

It took me an hour to finish the given task and after that, I headed to the library to find some peace. I grabbed a book and sat on the wooden floor. I heard my stomach growl but I ignored it and continued reading.

When I noticed that it suddenly got darker, I looked up and saw a person standing right in front of me. They then offered me a biscuit to eat while they were looking in a different direction. Since I can't hold my hunger anymore, I took it from their hand and showed appreciation.

They were about to go but I went to say "Do you want to hang out with me?".

Time passed by faster than we thought. Every now and then, we would meet at the same spot. Who knew that a small gesture can lead into something I wasn't familiar with.

After some weeks of talking to each other, my feelings got deeper and deeper without me knowing. Before I knew it, I had set myself in a trap I couldn't escape from.