Chapter 1

"I was to late, if only i had arrived sooner they might have still been alive. If I hadn't taken a rest on my way here i could have saved them. Another innocent family slain by a demon I easily beat. Its my fault these people are dead. I wish i had been the one to die that day. I should have protected her instead of the other way around. If she was alive she would probably have been able to go on living. Be happy, find new people to love. She would have been grateful for being alive, she was strong. Unlike me. I have been so lucky, survived all these terrible events, yet all I feel is guilt and sorrow. I'm sorry, Tsutako, but I don't think I can ever be happy. You gave me so much, you gave me life, yet all i can long for is death." Giyuu thought to himself, staring at the lifeless bodies of an entire family whom had been brutally slaughtered by a demon. The corpses had been ripped apart and the body parts were scattered in the snow. The once white snow was now coloured red from blood.

The demon had he already slain, for it was no strong nor peurkuliar one.  He would have easily saved the family if he only had arrived sooner. And for that reason the boy blamed himself. Thoughts like "I should've set out sooner" or "I shouldn't have taken a rest on my way here" were running through his mind, when in fact it was incredible how fast he arrived. 

Giyuu was always very fast to arrive on his missions, for he knew that if he was even just a little bit late, lives would be lost, never to be returned. Giyuu always felt responsible for the deaths, even though he always tried his best every time. Doing everything in his power to save them. But every once in a while lives would be lost. When this happened he would punish himself. As a way to make up for it, and remember every life lost. He punished himself by cutting his arms and legs, deep bloody cuts. One for every death.                                                                                                      The family that died today consisted of 5. A father, a mother, two kids, and an elderly woman probably a grandmother. Therefore he was to cut 5 times when he returned.

Before he returned he held a small burial for the family, though he couldn't tell who some of the body parts belonged to. In the end he simply buried them all together in a single family grave. He said a few prayers before beginning to make his way to the wisteria estate, where he would wait for his next mission.

__________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hello, i hope you enjoy my writing, I think its really fun too write but i dont want to promise a schedule since i might not be able to upload regularly. 

A bit about myself: 

Im a minor. English is not my first language so im sorry if the grammar doesn't make sense or if ive misspelled a lot.

(I'll also write one shots if anybody has a request:D (I will write smut if you want me to))