part 8

nothing to put here. blah blah blah

..........................................................................

Expunged sped through the crowded sidewalks in the 3D town, somehow dodging nearly every person in her way. She didn't bother calling a taxi or anything like that-- she didn't know how to call one, and she ran faster than a typical car, being a whole chaos god and stuff. Her identity was barely hidden, her jacket being the only thing stopping any 'acquaintances' from interrogating her. Expunged had remembered the train station directions by heart, as of recently her body was wearing down, meaning traveling between universes and voids was more than just tiring. 

The farther she darted away from the city, the less people there were. It was more barren than usual, seeing the granite and concrete grounds turn to dirt roads and walls of trees. Expunged struggled keeping a grip on her hat, as the wind nearly blew it off multiple times already.

Eventually approaching a small town with various worn down houses, yard sales, and garage stores, Expunged saw the train station in the distance. She stopped to catch her breath before taking one last run up to the building. She glanced at the typical train tracks, as in golden plated rails and floating tracks of all shapes and sizes sky-rocketing to the world above or plummeting to the dangers down below. It was similar to a labyrinth, impossible to figure out where the trains were headed and how they were going to get there. 

Various trains of different sizes and models ran through, picking up passengers and then leaving in less than a second. They moved nearly at the speed of light, having to go as quickly as possible to travel between different worlds.

Expunged had no time to process the details, barging into the train station and flying past the staff where one would usually buy tickets.

"I have no time for that shit anyways.." She muttered to herself.

As she stepped in to the main doors of the building, it seemed almost as if the interior was 10x bigger than the exterior. Multiple floors and rich, clean decoration and flooring littered the station. Various technology and different deities and gods traversed through, nearly as hurried as Expunged to get to the next departure.

Speaking of, Expunged was running of time. Very quickly. She walked up to the closest check-in desk and spoke to the staff at the desk.

"Do you know of anyone named Bendu that check in here? Please I don't have much time." Expunged asked, her voice almost completely modified to sound more passive.

The angel like being examined the various holograms and searched the name up in the log.

"Hm. Appears so. They're at-"

"WHERE IS HE?!" Expunged interrupted, unaware.

"Please do not shout. I was about to inform you. They're at gate R-12096.75, Terminal 3. Enjoy your train ride." The angel responded, doing standard protocol of waving goodbye.

"Thank you thank you-- Sorry for interrupting!" Was all she could muster out before she dashed to the first elevator available.

Rapidly pressing the button to go to the R terminal, Expunged hurriedly checked her phone and saw 1 new notification.

SMS chat with Bendu

"Train leaves at 3:45. If you end up coming, please hurry."

Sent by Bendu: 3:38 PM

 "Oh shit." Expunged spat out.

Impatiently waiting for the elevator to reach her stop, she looked at the clock on her phone. Time was ticking by what seemed to quickly, minutes depleting before she would completely miss her chance.

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened. Expunged scanned the luminated electronic signs for the right gate.

"G-12045.. G-11476... G-12096.75." She thought to herself, reading out the different ones in her mind.

Expunged felt so relieved seeing the right one.

..........................................................................

Bendu bit at his nails on his floating hand, seeing people begin to line up to board the train. It was nearing departure time, where passengers would no longer be able to get on. He had to get up and get in line as well, scanning the various hallways and seats for Expunged. Standing up and holding his keyboard strap close, he stepped in line. Squished between 2 nonsensical looking deities the height of a tree, he could barely make out any details anymore. He moved forward in the crowd, seeing people walk down the tunnel to the train.

In the midst of worry and fear, Bendu could hear an oddly distinguishable voice. It was one he'd heard before. All glitchy and filled with static. He turned his head behind him and saw someone in a black jacket with a red hat run towards him.

"Que?-" He was interrupted by Expunged shoving herself in front of his face, showing off the widest smile ever with her piercing eye.

Expunged shoved her hand out to Bendu, grabbing his hand and placing it inside hers. She learnt it from him when they first met-- how to 'handshake'.

"Ehh... I don't know how else to word this. I hate your guts but I wanted to say goodbye before you went back to your void. Can I still come with you?" Expunged said, more polite than usual.

"Thanks for the insult. But si, you may." Bendu replied, continuing, "Are you really sure though? It's y'know.. personal and I don't want you to get uncomfortable." He trailed on, continuing to hold Expunged's hand whilst they moved in line. 

She kept a harsh grip on his hand where he had no way of letting go.

"I'm sure. I'm more powerful than anyone in this entire train station. I have seen more than anyone would be able to grasp." She answered, her tone turning grim.

Bendu slightly chuckled, trying to understand if that was a joke or not.

"Do you have your ticket ready?" He asked, ignoring what Expunged said previously.

"..."

"About that-"

"No puedo creerte o no te creo..." (I can't believe you...)

..........................................................................

im glad my motivation is back to write this story lol i kinda missed it. i think i had a good plot but since it's been an entire year i forgot but it seems good so far 🤷‍♀️