part 16

Silence.

The only thing keeping Expunged's scrambled composure was the horrible silence around her. 

Bendu was smiling, and rightfully so-- but Expunged couldn't muster up a look of either satisfaction, or joy, or... anything.

Until he roughed up against her arm, digging his face into her chest.

"What are you doing?" Expunged inquired, grumbling at the end of her sentence in slight annoyance.

But the only replies were giggles and breathless laughs. The feeling was odd; a mix of random shaking and shuffling paired with the vibrations of Bendu's chuckling.

It was.. tolerable, to Expunged. At least one of them could show their emotions.

"Stop. Nothings funny." She spoke again.

He kept going. Bendu gripped his arm on Expunged's forearm, tilting his head up to take a few breaths before glancing at her confused face. She frowned and put a hand (that may have been holding Bendu) in his face, covering his entire line of sight as she glanced around the empty streets.

From a small glimpse, it looked like a kidnapping.

If only. Expunged couldn't deal with this shit.

"You're making us look crazy!" She shouted, but almost in a completely whispered volume. Oxymoronic, but true.

"We are! That's the thing," Bendu replied between short breaths.

"The only one really "crazy" here is you laughing like a maniac, idiot."

"Well, if you want to know so bad," He lifted his back up to lean in. "I was laughing at you. You looked funny."

Bendu snickered and raised a hand to Expunged's cheek, gently squeezing and peeling it back, catching a glance at her array of teeth. She growled in response, trying to pry him off of her face.

Doing so would most likely result in a concussion.

"Stop. This is ridiculous."

"Aww, look at my shnookums!" Bendu teased.

Expunged immediately gasped in surprise and yanked her head back in reflex. Thankfully that did it and Bendu let go, laughing and snorting so much he could barely breathe.

"I'm not-- Ugh. I ain't whatever you just called me." She grumbled.

"Oh, you so totally are."

"And how so?"

"Neither of us need an explanation to prove that," He grinned playfully.

"Liar. How close to the hotel?"

"10 minutes. I searched for the closest one-- Well, one with quality, to be fair."

Expunged nodded bluntly and began to pick up her pace. Although her mass of power and technically endless bounts of energy, today was horribly exhausting. A day of traveling she didn't know she would have to suffer through (despite being on her own accord) and even an entire love confession...

She yawned. And right after did she feel the waves of exhaustion wash over.

And Bendu yawned too. It was contagious. He pulled out his phone and narrowed his eyes at the harsh blue light.

"I'll try and book one with two beds."

"Good. I'd fucking murk you in my sleep."

Bendu nervously chuckled. "Glad we got that clear..." He began to tap and scroll on the phone screen.

His eye widened. He already made a hefty purchase on clothes and a charm combined with an entire train ticket. Would he have enough?

"Wait. Do you have money?" He suddenly spoke up.

"Nope."

"Shit.. Uh." Bendu cursed under his breath. "The most I have is for a cramped one bed room. Suites are too expensive, and normal rooms are taken up."

Expunged scowled. "Then find another hotel. I'm not sharing."

"The others are miles away! I'm getting stupidly cold and I know you will soon too. This is also the best one we're getting."

"Looks like you'll sleep on the floor. Sweet dreams."

"Absolutely not, Expunged!" Bendu retaliated, fisting the collar to her jacket tightly. "I am getting a good nights sleep tonight after this rollercoaster of a day."

"Then I'll do it." She shrugged.

Bendu stammered angrily. He struggled to respond, but Expunged was being so horribly blunt and annoying he was literally at a loss for words. He sighed and let go of her jacket not long after.

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable either, though." He muttered.

"Welp, there's a roadblock. Oh well."

"I'm implying you're sleeping in the same bed wether you like it or not."

Expunged paused. She stopped moving, too. She glared at Bendu in confusion and even a little shock.

"That's very bold of you. But no. Absolutely not." She insisted.

"You don't have a say in this anymore. My money, my hotel room, my bed. And it will be yours too."

"What is up with you?"

"It's called looking out for your lover!" Bendu barked, feeling his face flush with blush at his own words.

And embarrassment out of having to explain such things.

"We'll figure out what to do when we get there. All that's confirmed now is that you're gonna suck it up."

Expunged scoffed and rolled her eyes as she began to walk once more. She felt her teeth chitter together as she shuddered once a harsh rush of wind blew past the two.

"... This is the last left, by the way."

"Shut it."

..........................................................................

this is short and boring but i wanted to get something out there for you guys after 2 months of silence on this fic

also didnt proofread this time sorry

next part will have more :)