CHAP.10

Hola Roses. I hope y'all are doing good. Here's another chapter. Enjoy!

Xalia's POV:

My days off of work were over and I was back in action. I was satisfied that I had a bit of rest before the raging storm that was about to start. Even though the department I led was the best in our field, it was still hard to keep things in shape. Like yesterday. Luca and three others from my team were sent by 'The King' to complete a task that would normally take a day. When they arrived at the site, the Russians had already stolen everything precious and destroyed the remainder of the goods.

Luca, Stefano, Ezra, and Reggie were better than almost everyone in my department. They took their jobs seriously and never left any messes behind them. They always worked together and accomplished every mission they had ever been sent on. They work in ways that are a bit similar to mine but they always add their twist to it. I always left a clue for our enemy to know that I was the one who did the damage but they left nothing behind. No mess, no blood, no nothing. The four were my strongest fighters and never did they once let me down.

"What do you mean the goods were stolen? How is this even fucking possible?! No one knew of the mission except for the four of you and Xalia! What the actual fuck happened?!" 'The King' or Mr Martineli was trying his best to keep his cool. Not even the Italians knew of this even though it would've benefitted them as well. It was not clear why he didn't inform them but no questions could be asked. The fact that the Russians were the ones who raided us was very concerning and Martinelli's anger wasn't making the situation any better.

The four men were seated before him with their arms crossed, heads down, and frowns on their faces. I, being their leader, stood near the window while looking out to the beautiful flower garden that eased my anger in the slightest. I was angry but I knew better than letting it show. The Russians always had their way when it came to being asses who were just a pain. ( From the author: No hate to real  Russians tho ) Yes, the raid that the three men planned hadn't taken place yet but with what had happened, I knew that something bigger was coming. I'm sure that if they knew that I was the one who assisted Ace and Sebastian, the underworld would be chaos.

"Mr Martineli. I have a suggestion. Let me handle this my way. It will be easier and will be done much quicker than sending another team. It's better if we send two people to scout the area rather than sending several people there. If they were able to clear out before the four of them arrived, what about a whole team?" I suggested with my eyes still trained on the pretty lotus that was floating on the little pond in the garden.

I could tell from the shifting of the atmosphere and silence that he was contemplating my suggestion. It was smarter and easier if two people investigated what happened and scouted the area. One person would be perfect but in case of any surprises, it would be hard to fight alone and would be better to have back-up. "I think Miss Rodriguez here is right. But who should I send this time?" The bloke stroked his chin as he thought of the best people to send for this mission. It was important to scout the area in case of anything that would be a clue that we could use next time.

"I think I should send you Miss Rodriguez. You are the only one with the most experience in this field. It's better to send you than anyone else." I wasn't expecting that. But on second thought, I think it's only fair. Plus, I haven't been on any missions lately. This is gonna be fun.

"Okay, Sir. So who will I be going with?" I hope he picks Cat. I hadn't seen her in a while. "I'll ask the Italians to send me someone. Since the reason for that mission was them, I think it's only fair if they chip in. Be ready. By Thursday everything will be set and your partner will be here. I'll send you the details."