Jessica Exits Girls' Generation: "Who is the victim?"

Recently, Jessica, a member of one of Korea's most popular pop groups, Girls' Generation (aka, SNSD) tweeted her shock at being told she could no longer be in the group. This article, from early this month, tries to get at the heart of the issue. This story, however, is ongoing and many details may continue to be revealed.

Jessica Exits Girls' Generation: "Who is the victim?"

Article from :

Even for minor cases, its good to take measure of the gains and losses. You have to verify who has been falsely accused, and who is the real victim.

This goes for Jessica's exit [from SNSD] as well.

Did she leave, or did they tell her to leave?

If she was asked to leave, isn't Jessica the victim here?

Did the other members want to lose her?

Rather than dealing with the nature of the event, we are making an account of the gains and losses involved.

But according to Dispatch's results, her removal from the group was simply pushed ahead early. If it wasn't September 30th, it would've happened on November 30th, December 30th, or even January 30th of next year.

Which goes to say, this isn't a case of finding out who has been victimized. First we must understand the main conflict, and then the depth of the conflict. Only then can we understand the true nature of this event.

On the 30th, Dispatch met with three people who are very close with Girls' Generation.

Q1: What we are most curious about is, did she leave, or was she asked to leave.

Dispatch: Both are true. Jessica was the first to say she would leave the group. This year on January 7th, she said many times that she wanted to leave the group.

So did the other members respond to this with, "then leave"? To be precise, the nuance was similar to this. It's more accurate to state that she was asked to choose one of two options.

Q2: Let's look at the timeline. On January 7th, what exactly did Jessica say?

D: Last January, Jessica brought up that she wanted to get married. She met with members individually saying several times, "I want to get married. I've been talking to the company about this."

Also, last July after finishing a concert in Japan, she again hinted at stopping her activities with the group. At the time, Jessica said, "I can't do this anymore. It's sad but I will get my life back."

Jessica with boyfriend Tyler Kwon.

Q3: She will get her life back? Is this another way to say she will marry Tyler Kwon?

D: It appeared at the time that Jessica did not have the desire to continue with Girls' Generation. The other members already knew about [Jessica] wanting to get married. Jessica talked more about the future than about marriage.

For example, she said things such as, "Next year I will study abroad," "I'm looking into schools," I want to start a fashion business," and, "If I quit Girls' Generation, I will become a designer."

Q4: How did the other members respond to all of this?

D: At the beginning of this year, she already went through the ordeal of leaving the group. Jessica and SM agreed that she would continue to do her best for the group until the final album, planned for early next year.">