CHAPTER 01

CHAPTER 01

Carina DeLuca / Maya Bishop

Maya stared with disbelief at the paper stuck on the door of dorm room. "No, no, no." She quickly got her suitcases and went towards the elevator to go talk with the dorm advisor. She could feel sweat building on her forehead, she was supposed to be alone, this was her last year here. 'Since when does Carina go to this university?' She's been here for 3 years and has never seen Carina before, never crossed their paths and now roommates.

She was spiraling, the elevator was moving slow or at least slow for her own liking, she was nervously tapping her foot on the elevator floor. Someone cleared their throat – "Sorry." She mumbled barely audible.

When the doors opened she was the first one to run out, making her way to the advisor. "How can I help you?" An older woman spoke.

"I was supposed to be alone, this is my last year, I got an email stating I wouldn't have a roommate this year." Maya said, showing the advisor the email she received.

"Ohh sorry to hear that, what's your room number maybe there was a mistake."

"703"

"Ohh I see, Ms. DeLuca was also supposed to be alone, but this year there are a lot of first years so I guess you were one of the unlucky ones. There is nothing I can do, I'm sorry." She stated scribbling something on a piece of paper.

"No, no, please I can't be roomed with her, anyone but her please." Maya begged the dorm advisor.

"Honey, Carina is a lovely girl, I haven't heard anything remotely bad about her. You will become friends right away."

"No, no, you don't understand, I hate her, please look, literally anyone."

The dorm adviser, now that Maya noticed on her name tag also had some Italian name, she typed on the computer, shaking her head no – "There is nothing, everyone has already checked, you and DeLuca are the last ones."

"Fine." Maya stormed out of the advisor's office, going back to her dorm, with her not so lovely roommate.

She retrieved her key and got in, the dorm was better than she had expected. Bathroom on the left, kitchen with dining area connected with the living room and two doors on the right.

'Since I'm the first one I might as well choose the better room' She thought. The rooms were similar, both well-lit from the sun outside, shining through the windows, but one had a balcony, so of course she choose that one.

When she unpacked everything she settled in the kitchen, sitting down on a stool drinking the smoothie she just made. When the door opened in walked two women, one older than the other. The younger one laughing while looking at her mother Maya guessed. "Uh, what are you doing here?" Carina said, no smile on her face anymore.

"I'm your roommate."

"Why?" Carina said narrowing her eyes at the blonde.

"Do I look like the dorm advisor to you?" Carina was quiet looking at Maya, wondering if this was some kind of a prank. "Yeah that's what I thought." Maya stood up with her smoothie, mastering up the greatest fake smile towards the brunettes mother and going to her room.

"Well she sure has a temper."

"She does, I don't know what her problem is." Carina answered going to her room to start unpacking with the help of her mother.

After few hours of unpacking they sat in the living room drinking wine, talking about how fast the last few years have passed.

"Do you remember when your brother started going in preschool and fell in the fountain trying to see how deep it is?"