December 20 1989

I haven't been able to write anything down these past days.
Exams are so terrible yet I must do well on them or I won't be able to leave this place.
Shawn has been making plans about beating those jerks who basically love torturing us.
He said to me in a completely serious voice
'You know, we have to stand up to them sooner or later, right?'
I replied ' It isn't worth it, they're not worth it. I mean have you seen my guns'
I flexed my arms to give some emphasis, and tried to turn the conversation into a joke.
Apparently, he had different thoughts.
'Dude, we can't keep going on like this' he complained
'Yeah, I guess you're right, but I don't want to get into further problems with them.' I mumbled.
Later today, we went to the park and told the goons to meet us there. Our plan was to make a truce or something close to peace , which I personally, highly doubted would work. Plan B was to fight or flight tactic if they made sudden gestures, I chose flight , in this case.
You can probably figure what happened.
I was completely terrified at what they'd do to us.
I managed to run, with a few cuts and bruises , here and there.
Shawn wasn't so smart or lucky when it came to him.
He actually stayed to fight ! I wanted to scream 'What the Hell!?' at him so bad, but I couldn't. I stayed close to the park, to help Shawn home, but couldn't until they went away.
It hurt me so much, just standing there like a coward and watch my best friend get nearly beat to death.
But I couldn't help him, because who would help us home? Or get help?
I hoped he understood , which meant I hoped he wouldn't beat the crap out of me for being a complete shit.
They eventually did leave and got to help Shawn up. I nearly stumbled over him from sobbing, and I have no shame for crying. I mean who wouldn't?
I asked him if he wanted me to take him to the hospital or to my house and stay the night. He said (rather tiredly than angrily) to bust at my place.
Right now, he sleeping on my bed , all fixed up ( or what I think, less mangled).
I patched myself up as well , thanks for asking.
I called his parents that he was was staying over here and was gonna come home after school. I didn't tell my parents , because they hate having guests over the week. We snuck in through my window, and they didn't see a thing. We plan to leave before they wake up and I let him where some of my clothes since his are covered with dirt, blood and ripped in some places.
I better go to sleep right about now or Shawn and I won't even survive tomorrow.
Night

DB
P.S. I'm a horrible friend.

a/n sorry for taking such a long time, I've had exams.
If you love Dan and Phil or YouTube in general, follow @/ fringesplinge and , thank you for reading this !
Follow!Comment what you would've done for Shawn! Thanks!
- @floralbookworm