Welcome Back! Pt. 2

A dimly lit room played a glow on the closed eyes of Shuichi Saihara . They felt intense, but were only taking up half of the room . The air was cold, and it became colder as the pod slowly opened its casing. He took a moment to adjust to his surroundings as his eyes were again pierced by the bright lights .

" W - Where. . huh ? " Around the sides of his bed were the familiar faces of . . Kaito , Maki , and . . 

"Kaede ? " A hug was immediately planted on him, a tight one. Really . . really - 

Really tight hug c'mon Kaede , he can't breathe . But he didn't complain , he was just as glad to see her , tears coming out of his eyes as he embraced her back . 

"I - I ! Dangit , I thought I lost you !" His voice was breaking as the touch of an old friend flooded into his senses , tears pouring out of both of them . ( Mostly Shuichi , get him a tissue . ) Two new , but old voices joined into the emotional moment , squeezing all 3 of them just as tight . Maki didn't want to immediately indulge in a hug , but it was for Kaito's sake .

' Agh ! -- Do you want to ' Maki's iconic phrase was interrupted by Kaito's loud wailing . They didn't normally see this side of him , but hey , gotta let it out at some point. ( ifykyk) 

                    TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE MONOKUBS !!! : - ) ( I hate this )

                                                                         SHUICHI POV :

" Soo . . . t - this was all one giant . . . VR game ? " 

' Well when you put it like that , you make it sound . . innocent . ' Kaede brought up , sitting behind Maki to brush her long , tangled af hair . 

 -- ' . . It's more like an imprisonment . . turned into a VR game . A really realistic . . one . ' Maki muttered, and seemed to spare glances at Kaito every once in a while . 

" That means . . everyone is here . Right ? At least most of us have to be - - " 

' Saihara . . my lovely , intelligent sidekick . . ' Kaito scooted next to Shuichi , having a seemingly smug look on his face , as if he knew everything about anything . 

' You , are correct . But they may look . . different . At least , some of us . ' I was a tad confused by what he meant , but stayed silent long enough to get a good look at their features , inside and outside . Kaito , despite having no physical change , always carried around a set of pills . Unsure what kind , but he spoke of them helping frequent migraines . . Kaede had a bruise circling around the upper area of her neck , most likely caused from the pressure the chain had on her when she was cruelly thrown around like a rag - doll . Me and Maki had nothing much changed besides a new sense of trauma to deal with . 

" . . When can I meet them again ? No rush about it or anything , It's just . . " 

' Felt like forever since you last saw them ? ' 

 - Maki cutted in , and I simply nodded . There were some I just felt like I had to see again , a need rather than a want . . Who am I kidding ? I wanted to see them all together again , even if few were a bit more crude .

' You can probably start meeting everyone sometime tomorrow . The nurse would want to do a quick check - in and make sure you're in a healthy condition . Not because of a sickness or anything . . just you know , so you ' re - . '