Chapter 2

Willow's point of view

As I opened my eyes, all I could see were colorful clouds with lights shining past us at such a quick pace and other pipes in the clouds. I tried calming myself down and then heard Luigi call my name. I turned to see Mario and Luigi grabbing each other's hands so as not to be separated, and both held their hands to me. I immediately grabbed their hands when Mario said, "It's all gonna be okay."

"How is this gonna be okay?" Luigi asked, freaking out while I just shut my eyes, scared at how fast we were spinning.

"I'm telling you, nothing can hurt us as long as we're together." Mario tried to reassure us before thunder struck, and Luigi flew backward in a direction different from Mario's and mine. He was heading towards a scary-looking pipe that looked like lava and rock.

"Luigi!" Mario and I yelled after him. I could hear him call our names faintly, sounding scared.

Mario and I were then sucked into another pipe and thrown onto something. Mario fell off and onto solid ground while I stayed on something almost soft in the air. We both groaned, and when I opened my eyes, all I could see were giant mushrooms around us, and I was lying right on one. "We're definitely not in Brooklyn anymore," I said faintly, rubbing my head from the landing. I sat up and looked around to see a landscape full of flowers, mushrooms, and strange creatures.

I looked down to see Mario notice a small blue mushroom before reaching out to touch it. Someone or something jumped out and screamed, "Do not touch that mushroom! You'll die!" Mario instantly fell back, scared, while the mushroom-looking man chuckled, saying, "Oh, I'm sorry, that one is perfectly fine." The little mushroom man had a mushroom on his head with red spots, a blue and yellow vest, white pants, tan shoes, and a brown backpack. It also looked like he had a walking stick as well. 

"That's a little mushroom, man. A little mushroom man talking to me." Mario said to himself, clearly freaking out. I must have been looking too much over the edge because I was already falling off the side of the mushroom before I could hold on to the edge. Mario looked at me, concerned, while I just groaned in pain from the fall, not bothering to pull myself up for a moment.

The little mushroom man seemed surprised by his reaction, but introduced himself casually as Toad, "Pleased to meet ya. I'm Toad." He said happily.

"Uh, Mario and Willow," Mario said, introducing himself and me, but Toad had already skipped ahead seemingly without any care in the world.

Slowly, three bugs started to chitter towards us before Mario quickly got up and dragged me to follow after Toad. As we caught up, Mario asked, "So this is, uh, this is, this is not a dream?" Immediately, Toad hit Mario hard on the arm with his stick. I winced and stood farther from Toad in case he got a little trigger-happy.

Mario screamed while Toad just asked, "That hurt, right?"

"Yes!" Mario yelled at him while holding his arm in pain.