39 : revved

the last chapter

the last chapter.
enjoy ♡

:: 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 ::

the night air of deville buzzed with anticipation. neon lights casted a kaleidoscopic glow on the makeshift racetrack, a tangle of abandoned streets and alleyways. the scent of gasoline and burnt rubber hung heavy in the air.

at the starting line, a lot of bikers revved their engines, their faces etched with a mixture of smugness and exhilaration. each rider was a story in themselves. most of them were outcasts, rebels, and adrenaline junkies— united by their shared passion for speed and the thrill of the chase.

it was a place for those who loved the air of freedom. but a bigger part of the crowd just loved watching some certain bikers.

the most in demand being jeon jungkook.

"dude's again late" jimin sighed as he leaned against the wall, eyeing the crowd that was larger than usual because they had announced jungkook would be racing tonight.

"he wasn't like this always" namjoon took a drag of the cigarette in between his fingers and exhaled it, the smoke dissolving in the air.

"that taehyung changed everything about him" jimin scowled, turning his head to look somewhere else.

namjoon eyed him and chuckled, tapping the death stick in his fingers to shake off the ashes before inhaling the smoke again. "for better, right?"

jimin looked back at namjoon and saw him already grinning making the blond sneer before he nodded, looking up at the sky. "for better"

after a while, the roar of an engine split the night, a sound so powerful it seemed to shake the very foundations of deville. namjoon, jimin and the crowd turned their eyes to the source of the sound.

it was a motorcycle they all knew very well. a behemoth of chrome and steel, its body sleek and muscular, its engine a snarling beast eager to be unleashed. the headlight, a single menacing eye, pierced the darkness, casting an ethereal glow on the machine.

along the bike's beastly sounds, the crowd screamed along. the heart of deville was here.

stopping right in front of namjoon and jimin, he removed his helmet and ruffled his newly dyed black hair.

jungkook smiled at them.

"what are you smiling for idiot? you're late" jimin rolled his eyes playfully and jungkook said a sorry he didn't mean.

"so, are we starting?" jungkook asked and they nodded. they were waiting for the younger to arrive, because the crowd would be disappointed if they started the first race of the night without the king.

king of deville. jeon jungkook.

"yeah but first let me check your bull" jungkook got down from the bike and stepped aside for jimin to check it.