Volume 1 Chapter 2: Blutbad Problems?

Previously:
Zella knocked on her brother's front door out of breath, covered in glass shards, and stressed out to the max. But instead of Nick answering the door it was a very pretty woman. "Who are you, where's Nick? I need his help…" She collapsed to the ground bleeding heavily.

Zella woke up in the guest bedroom stitched up and wrapped up with bandages. She opened her eyes to the sound of wood floor creaking. She heard Nick talking to his girlfriend in the hallway. She closed her eyes again.

Zella walked down the stairs with her off duty clothes that her work partner gave her that next very morning. "Sorry for the terrible first meeting, Juliette is it?" They both locked eyes. "Nick explained that you are an FBI Agent and that this happens quite often." "Yeah, I'm usually described as being recklessly brave. I was walking home but saw someone getting mugged. One of the thugs threw a glass bottle at me." She laughed nervously. As she continued to chat to Juliette. She couldn't help but feel bad about breaking that guy's window. But it would be best to leave him alone.

2 Years Later:

Zella got a call from an old friend in the police department. "Wait what?" She grabbed her jacket and ran out of the building to her Sports Motorcycle. It has a
glossy scarlet red and sleek raven black paint job. She drove straight over to a familiar house. She parked and set her helmet on the left handle. She was stopped by a police officer. She flashed her FBI Badge. She was let past the yellow tape. She rushed towards the front and once she entered the house. She saw her big brother freaking out and shouting out towards Monroe. She cleared her throat and caught the attention of the entire room. Monroe looked her way surprised but kept his mouth shut. "Clear out the room. This guy is under my protection in an FBI case." Nick looked her way surprised. And Hank held up his hands. "Sounds good to me, Nick let's go. Nick?" He looked at his partner confused. "Why are you here, Ashely?" "You know her?" "She's my little sister." "You have a sister?" "Nick, I've called your Captain. Back off this guy or I'll be forced to…" "Do what!?" Nick screamed into her face. "I know he has a little girl! You are defending a…" "Leave or I'll arrest you." Her calm expression was slowly crumbling to nothing. Hank pulled his partner out of the house. The remaining of the officers left soon after. She hung her head low as she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "My stupid idiot of a big brother has gotten his powers, huh?" She sighed softly. She looked up at the homeowner. "Are you alright? I heard you were tackled and harassed by my brother. One of my informants that I tasked to keep an eye out on my brother. It seems like he has inherited the special gift or most likely a curse to him." He was confused as to why she did that for him. "Do you have a beer or really strong tea? I'd really like to talk to you." She smiled nervously. He exhaled deeply. "Sure, it's the least I can do for you helping me out." They both sat down in his kitchen with a hot cup of tea.

8 hours later:

They both were laughing, smiling, and chatting about classical music and what it's like to play string instruments. He plays a cello and she plays the violin. "We should play together sometime." "That sounds fun." They both heard a knock on his door. She held out her hand and opened his door only to see Nick. "Why are you still here?" "And why are you back here? He's not involved in your kidnapping case assure you." He looked like a lost puppy. "Who in our family got hurt?" He looked at her confused. "Aunt Marie." She groaned annoyed. "Damnit. Well it looks like i have no choice but help you. She said she was going to handle you." She face palmed. "I'll explain everything in extreme detail. If you just drop the rude act towards my informant? Promise me, you will behave?" He looked at her desperately. "I promise." She yanked him inside and shut the door. "Sorry about this Monroe. My police brother wants to talk to you apparently." She walked into the kitchen clearly irritated. "Uh well sure. What do you want to…" "First thing first. He's not a monster and your what they call a Grimm." "What?" "I can see things or well. Wesen. Monroe here is a Blutbod and we are known as Grimm. Now ask away. But if you dare insult him, I'll kick your ass." Nick shivered in fear over the thought of fighting his sister. "Okay, alright. I don't really understand but I need help with finding this little girl. I'm sure that one of your kind took her." She hummed as she thought about it. "I promise to teach you everything I know. But you have to let me and Monroe handle this one alone. It's too dangerous for you to go in guns blazing. I'll drop off the girl at the station anonymously." He looked at her seriously. "I have more authority than you as a FBI Agent and this guy is my Informant not yours. Go home to your girlfriend and after the case is done. We need to talk." He left the house reluctantly. "I'm sorry about my brother, he's freshly new at this thing if you couldn't tell. Our family wasn't sure if he was ever going to get it. Since it sometimes skips generations or just gets one sibling." She sat down and gulped down the tea. "No worries, I understand. Family is complicated and difficult." "You got that right." They both exhaled deeply. "So do you need my help hunting down this other Blutbad, I kinda owe you for my difficult friends trying to kill you." She shook her head. "I really don't want to…" "Really it's not too much trouble. I just have to find him, not fight him." She smiled at his kind offer. "I'd really appreciate the help. And technically I'm breaking the law lying about you being my informant." He grabbed his coat and his eyes widened at her words.

Zella got out of the car at the bridge. They already put the wolfsbane on. She walked towards the creek. He followed behind closely. Monroe began to groan in pain as he was forced to Woge halfway. "I can't go any further." "Can you wait back at the car? I've got the rest handled." She pulled out two curved blades. "You got it, good luck." He dashed away. "Damn, he's fast." She walked up to the house and knocked on it. A very straight and narrow man answered the door but no one was there. He took a step out and looked both directions. And the instant he turned around he saw a girl in a red jean jacket smirking. "You better run, Blutbad before I gut you." His eyes widened as he Woged and saw her empty eyes. He howled as he lunged towards her. She leaped into the air and landed on his back. She pushed off and he went straight into the planks. She spun around as she crouched down. She slashed him in the Achilles heel. He fell forward howling out in pain. She spun the blades on her fingers looking deviously at him. He crawled back as he continued to snarled and growl.

Monroe ran towards his car only to hear one last howl. He halted in place as he fell to the ground slowly being consumed by fear. He just helped a Grimm hunt his own kind. But that fear soon grew in size to the scent of fresh blood. He turned around to see a figure walking back with a small child in her arms. "There's no need to look at me like that, Monroe. I don't kill reformed Blutbaden. Just the bad ones." She walked past him and got into the car. He gulped hesitantly.

A few weeks after the case and spending a few days explaining stuff to Nick. He also gave her the key for safe keeping. And they moved the trailer to a secure place under her work alias "Zella." They both also decided to stay out of each other's lives unless it's Wesen related.

Zella visited her Aunt Marie in the hospital,"Don't worry about anything Auntie. I'll explain everything to him and make sure he doesn't die like Mom and dad." She turned to leave only to see a blonde haired woman shaking violently in fear. "A Hexinbeast, huh? Have you come back to kill her, hm?" She took a step back in fear. "You must know who I am, if you bring me to your boss. I promise not to break your neck right now." The blonde was escorted out by force in handcuffs. She pushed her into the side of the SUV and pulled out her gun. "Bring down the window or I'll shoot." The glass window slowly rolled down to reveal a familiar face. She went from looking grim to smirking deviously. "So you are the reason why my Aunt is in the hospital, huh Sean?" She shook her head. "Are you after the key again? You clout chasing is really sad to see." "I didn't think you were still in town." "I took a week of vacation off from work. How inconvenient for you, hm?" "Sean!" "Will you please release her, Agent?" "Wow you actually said please? She really must be useful to you. You and I both know that you don't have a heart." He grimaced at her words. "I'll only release her unharmed if you promise you won't kill my brother." "I don't have any intentions in killing Nick." "Good." She threw him the key to the handcuffs. "Do it yourself, I'm no fool. I'm not a fan of dying today. See ya, Sean." She walked towards her motorcycle and then zoomed away soon after. She wasn't planning on sticking around.

Zella parked in front of Monroe's place and walked up to his front door. She knocked pretty enthusiastically. It was pretty late at night. She was wearing mostly red and was in her civilian clothes. He answered the door and his eyes changed to a dark red for a quick few seconds. "Sorry for stopping by so late. I just almost got murdered by an old enemy. So I'm not feeling so good. And since you are so strong and well I trust you. I decided to come here. Was that a mistake?" He saw she was really scared and was trying to test the waters of their friendship. They've been helping Nick with his Wesen problem these past few weeks together. So they've grown to trust each other in the field. He took a step back and said,"I'm honored you trust me. I'm just glad you aren't trying to kill me." She smiled happily as she stepped inside.

To be continued…