Chapter 3

She leaned forward and felt the side of the desk. feeling a slight oddity in the side, Gura pushed down on it, a click being heard as she opened a small compartment on the inside of the desk. She felt around inside and took out a small leather cased Journal with the initials A.W pressed finely into the leather. She brought the book up and opened it.

Most of the entries in the Journal were quite old but after going through the pages she would find an entry from around 4 months ago, reading.

"May 25'th, 2033

        It was Clementine's birthday today... We took her to Disney and we had a great time.
        Although me and Gura were talking about when i pass away and inheritance and all that.
        It made me think... would Gura be better off without me? She'll outlive me by thousands
        of time over and... well as much as i hate to even think this... but i thi-"

The writing tapered off into incoherent scribbles, Guras eyes watering as she said "Watson you moron..." She was about to let herself cry when she heard a doorbell from downstairs, surprising Gura. She stood from Watsons chair and walked to the large window overlooking the driveway and forest that surrounded the house.

She looked down and saw a figure standing at the front door, along with a familiar car idling in the driveway, the same car from that day 3 months ago. Gura took a deep breath and went downstairs, opening the door to see Ina who said "H-Hey Gura..."

Gura looked up at her with a defeated look, saying "What? Did watson forget something here?" She asked as Ina would get a look at how horrible the Shark looked. She had dark bags under her eyes, her hair was unkempt and she just generally looked bad... Ina shook her head and she said "No, I came... I came to apologize..."

Gura was surprised by this, and kinda annoyed by it to be honest. Gura got a bit of a snarky tone, responding with "Oh, you mean for sleeping with my wife? You know Ina, you were the Maid of honor at my wedding so you think you would have remembered that I was married to her but whoops" Gura was very passive aggressive with this, trying to cut as deep as possible. Only trying to make herself feel better

Ina would flinch and she would say "Yeah... I guess... Listen, I need to talk to you about what happened. You need to know the truth, it wasn't Amelia's fault. We got drunk and... well... you know what happened. But you gotta think, Amelia still loves you Gura, but she-"

Gura cut her off, saying "I already know... but it doesn't matter Ina... if she doesn't wanna get back together then..." Gura sighed, putting her hand on the bridge of her nose before walking inside, stepping away for Ina to step inside

"it's just me... I had her for support before but these last three months have been... they've been hell... The girls with school and live streaming. Calli and Kiara have helped but they have Klara to take care of, and I've tried to reach out to Watson to at least take them every once in a while but she hasn't responded to any of my texts. And I know why, but it's a stupid reason! I just... I just wish things went back to how they were before..."

Gura sounded and looked tired, rubbing her eyes as she walked inside and took a seat on a kitchen stool. Ina was heartbroken at the sorry state of her friend, feeling horrible knowing this was partially her fault she spoke up, saying
"I'm not great with kids but I can help. If you need me to... and-"

Gura cut her off, saying "Yeah, yeah... thanks ina I'll keep it in mind. If I ever need your help I'll call... and uh... tell Amelia I said hi.."

And with that Ina nodded and quickly left, leaving the Atlantean alone to think...