5. SUCK IT GREEN BOI!!

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

As I gather crops at our farm, I glance into the distance and spot a wolf on the edge of the forest, chomping down on a sheep leg. The wild scene inspires a longing for another set of adventure within me. After all, it's been months since my last journey.
The sight of the beast consuming its prey awakens a feeling I haven't experienced in a long time – a sensation I've been trying to suppress. It's not just the call of the wild; it's a surge of primal energy, a hint of blood-lust courses through my veins.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

With each step, the longing for adventure intensifies. Swiftly completing my farming tasks, I return to our base. Peering around, I notice William is not in the house. Determined to find him, I head towards the only place he would likely be if not at home or in the yard.

-

The rhythmic clinks of his pickaxe against stone echo through the cavern.

I approach him quietly and tap him on the shoulder. Startled, he jumps, narrowly avoiding an accidental swing of his pickaxe my way. I chuckle at his reaction.

"Hey," I say, grinning, "I'm going to go explore. You wanna join?" I secure my trusty axe in its hilt and begin gathering the necessities for our journey.

William glances around at the mining tunnel, considering the piles of ores and resources we've gathered.

"Nah, I think I'll stick around here and keep mining. We've got a good thing going with all these resources. Besides, someone has to keep our base running smoothly," he replies, his tone polite but focused on the task at hand.

I nod understandingly, appreciating his dedication to our base. "Fair enough. I'll bring back some interesting stories for you then," I say with a playful grin. After a brief exchange of nods, I head towards the entrance, ready to embark on the solo adventure that awaits me outside our base.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Gathering the last of my supplies, I make sure my inventory is well-stocked with torches, food, tools and my trusty axe. As I prepare, I can hear William's pickaxe rhythmically striking against the stone, a comforting sound that reverberates through the tunnel.
Once I'm fully equipped, I take a deep breath and shout towards him, "Alright, I'm heading out! Keep things in order here!"

Emerging from the dark depths of our mine, I step into the surroundings. Though I can't feel the sunlight on my face, the snowy landscape stretches out before me, and the chill in the air invigorates my spirit. From our yard, I make my way towards the snowy forest, where I had spotted the wolf earlier. To my surprise, it turns out to be a female, and I can't help but smile at the thought of taming them someday and giving William a surprise puppy.

I cautiously observe the wolf from a distance, I notice her resting in what appears to be a nest, surrounded by three adorable puppies. aww.

Knowing how territorial wolves can be, especially with their offspring, I decide to keep my distance, marveling at the unexpected discovery. It's a heartwarming sight, and I make a mental note to share this tale with my dwarven friend upon my return.

Venturing further into the snowy forest, I encounter a peculiar phenomenon—a swirling warp of air, resembling a cyclone in an open area not too far in the distance. It's a mesmerizing sight, and curiosity takes over.