Author's Note

Hi hello everyone! Costania here~

After 152.016 words, 45 chapters, and a year and a half.. we're finally at the end of the Rule #1 journey, and I just want to say—for those of you who've come this far—I give you my utmost gratitude. Never-ending love for all of you for supporting Rule #1.. Tyler, Emily, Dom, Liam, Eve, John, Janet, Greg, Violet, and me thus far.

Rule #1 is pretty much a homage to a lot of things, but especially 13 Going on 30! I also give my love to In Love With Your Best Friend? by The Timeliners on YouTube for giving me inspiration for The Bracelet of Mischief chapter. But in all seriousness, all I can say about this story is that this'll be the reason you'll suspect every best friend your boy/girl is having.

I'm kiddinggggg~

Not.

Ok moving on! 

For every book I write, I create a playlist that I go back to again and again to help transport me into the story and into the main character's mindset. This playlist is a blend of songs that Emilia Winters and Tyler Cavill would listen to, songs that remind me of them, and songs that score certain scenes in my head. In Rule #1's case, the centerpiece of the song is Rely on Me by James Smith. Why this song? Because there's no other song—nothing more FITTING—PUT IT IN CAPS AND BOLD TO MAKE SURE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW VITAL—okay okay, I'll stop, I'm so unhinged. Okay—nothing more fitting than this song to describe the whole situationship with Tyler and Emily. And hey! Go visit linktr.ee/rcpcs.writes also in my bio to listen to them!

Writing Rule #1 truly was a journey of thoughts and pretty much made me realize how mad I am. I mean—blushing by your own character in public is a major loco sign, right? Okay, sorry—but in all seriousness—Rule #1 was really there for me in the worst days of my life—which surely transforms it into the best days of my life. This first book of mine really made me learn a lot of things and one of them is how God's timing is never wrong. I mean—imagine how in the world could it be my dad's—supposed to be—66th birthday that it was the time for me to perfect the Yippie Ki Yay chapter? I bawled my eyes out pouring all the things I'd like to say—and imagining the things he could've said really gave me the closure I wanted for these 15 years. 

So.. yes, Rule #1 is personal. It really is part of my healing process through all the things I've been through and so.. I'll always cherish this first book of mine. Life is truly amazing. One day I wished I could write a book, and then one day I did it. So here I am, making another wish: I hope to get this book published someday. The emotions I felt while writing and reading this is immaculate and unforgettable and—I just hope that everyone can see Rule #1 through my eyes. Unfiltered. I hope people could feel my story the way I felt when I wrote it, because in the end, that's all that matters—sharing the journey, the love, the laughter, and the tears with you all. 

Thank you for being a part of this incredible ride. I love you guys so much! 

See you in the next journey besties❤️

24 July 2024,

Cecylia Costania

Cecylia Costania