Aunt Marge's Big Mistake

"Tori." Veronica said, gently shaking her.

Victoria continued to snore.

Veronica sighed. "Tori." She said louder. "Tori!"

Veronica started shaking her vigorously but Victoria's eye lids didn't even flutter and she continued to snore.

Veronica groaned, tired of this morning routine. Veronica climbed up onto the bed and jumped up and down, sometimes accidentally jumping on Victoria a couple times.

Even that didn't work. Victoria continued to sleep soundly. Veronica, panting for breath from all the jumping, rolled Victoria out of the bed.

Victoria jolted a little but fell back to sleep.

"For fuck sake!" Veronica cursed.

Veronica grabbed her wand and pointed at Victoria. "Aguamenti." Veronica said and a large jet of water shot from her wand, soaking Victoria head to toe.

Victoria stood up shivering from head to toe.

"R-Really?" Victoria chattered. "W - was t-t-that n-n-necessary?"

"Well, nothing else seems to work. I oy roll you out of bed so we don't have to keep changing the bed sheets." Veronica said, not being able to help but smile teasingly at her sister.

"W-Would y-you m-m-mind? I-I'm f-f-f-freezing!" Victoria shivered out, her teeth chattering.

Veronica pointed her wand at Victoria again and casted the hot air charm. Victoria was bone dry within seconds.

"Thanks." Victoria said, grabbing her leather jacket and wearing it over her pajamas.

Veronica said nothing but reflectively gave the jacket a dirty look. Victoria had found it in the attic when they were five. Victoria had worn it ever since. They knew who it must have belonged to. It wasn't Uncle Ted's style, even as a teen he had worn sweaters and vests not leather jackets.

It was unspoken. The owner of that jacket. Veronica always detested anytime she had to put it on when she pretended to be Victoria. Everytime she put it on she felt like it tainted her. That if she puts it on one too many times she'd become just like him.

Their father.

"Let's go get breakfast." Veronica said, turning away from Victoria and the jacket.

Veronica and Victoria raced each other down the stairs, their huskies bounding after them.

Andromeda was placing some plates with a full English breakfast on them on the table.

"Bacon!" Victoria thrilled, her eyes wide as she ran towards the table and diving into her seat before Andromeda could even put the plate down.

Andromeda rolled her eyes but smiled endearingly.

Veronica sat more gracefully in her seat. She shook her head as Victoria tucked in, devouring her breakfast as if she hadn't eaten in a month.

Veronica cut up her sausage and started eating, savouring the taste.

"I'm glad your eating again. I thought that sickness would never end." Andromeda said relived as she gave them some orange juice.

"Me too." Veronica swallowed.

It hadn't been a sickness. It was more she was holding a Mandrake leaf in her mouth for a month.

A couple days ago Veronica had finished the animagus process. She had held the Mandrake leaf in her mouth for a month, faking a multiple of illness as to not raise suspicion. Only Andrea knew what she was up to. Then when that month was up she put the leaf in a crystal phial she had taken from the Potions class room. She had let the phial soak up the moon-rays as she kept the leaf in her mouth.