Chapter 2: Friend's Quarrel

|Jamie's POV|

For the nth time today,I yawned but I still can't find myself in a comfortable position to sleep.

I can't help but think about him. He has a set of gray eyes that will render you lost for a moment. His perfectly sculpted nose. Those red sexy lips.

"Arrrggh!" I just groaned out loud.

I should be thinking of how I could get back with that jerk and not complimenting about how he looks like. Good looking devil monster!

I tried to forget about the monster and think about what Alex had told me earlier.

"So I think your best friend's now fuming mad. Hmmm."

I sighed as I remember Casey. She is my officemate whom I was pretty much closest with. She is not my best friend though. I'm not being hard here. I am just telling the truth. I always knew this time would come-that we will eventually drift apart.

~Flashback~

We are now at Fort Walton Beach for our company summer outing. It is a year-round fishing and beach resort community. The view is breathtaking. However aside from taking tons of pictures,nothing else makes me enjoy an activity like this. I hate to admit it but I don't know how to swim. Well,I got drowned when I was on my junior year in highschool. After surviving that incident, I developed aquaphobia. It's always a no for me when it comes to swimming.

"Com'on Jamie! Let's get into the water." Casey said

"No,it's okay. I'll just get a picture of you guys! You know I can't swim" I replied non chalantly.

"No. Let's go. I'll get mad if you don't jump into the water" she threatens me

"Nothing would change my mind. Suit yourself." I said with a poker face

And she left but I saw how she rolled her eyes in annoyance before she retreated.

I really hate it when someone insists on something and will get mad if I don't put up with it. I mean,why can't they just respect my indifference? It's not like I'm going to ruin someone's reputation if I refuse to do things that I'm not interested about.

Try to drag me to a concert. You won't even have to say it twice because I'll be the one to drag you back. I love music so much. It's my escape whenever I think the world is against me.

I also love eating ice cream. In fact,1 gallon is nothing to me. Huh! Try me.

I'm just simple. I don't know what makes it easy for others to look at me as if I'm the most displeasing person they've ever met. It's not like I find them to be the best people in my life. They're not even close. Tch.

I am what I am and I'm not going to sacrifice my uniqueness just to please all of them. Well,I don't really intend to please all of them. Screw those who are judging me as if they know everything about me. I don't care if I lose some people in my life along the way

This is me. I don't give a damn about anything I don't really care about.

After the outing, a whole lot more of Casey's dramas went along. But I refused to pay attention. She wanted a fight. I gave it to her. I gave her a taste of her own medicine but she was the one who has been acting as if she is the victim here. So lame.

Even if the whole company goes by her side,I don't care. They won't be able to use it against me in the first place because I applied for a job,not to try befriending everyone. In the second place it's so unreasonable. Getting in a conflict because of a goddamn swimming activity? Tch.

I was about to close my eyes and sleep but then I remembered my phone

I checked if I have a message.

1 Message Received

From:*************

Miss. Miss.

Seriously? I'm starting to worry about my safety. If anything,he is really a stalker!