Chapter 6:Flashback Part 2

Jamie's POV

~Flashback~

"Well, if I could show you how to get the insurance you need to protect your family, without taking any additional money out of your pocket and sacrificing your life style, would you like to know how?" I asked Dr. Petersen hopefully.

"That would be great, Jamie! However, I really am in a hurry right now. Can we talk about it on your next visit?" Dr. Petersen replied.

"No worries,Doctor. I'll be delighted to discuss the whole thing to you on my next visit. Please take care for now and oh! Thank you for sparing me some of your time today considering how much in a hurry you are." I responded.

"Sure thing as long as its you,Jamie! I have to go. I'll see you around!" Dr. Petersen winked and walked pass through me no longer allowing me to bid a goodbye.

I felt my cheeks heating up as I remember him winking at me. Dr. Petersen is really handsome. But hey!Don't get me wrong. I am just appreciating his good looks. I'm not some kind of flirt here who's goin' to grab every chance she might get. Tss.

I fished through my pocket to get my phone which is currently vibrating.

Shoot! It's Brent!

"Hel--"

"Hey Brent! I'll be downstairs in a jiffy. Please hold on." I ended the call right away not allowing Brent to say a thing once more. (Bad Jamie! )

I hurriedly went through the rest room to check myself at the mirror.

"I'm really cute."(Conceited Jamie!)

I'm always like that, talking to myself in my mind. Am I not weird? Hehe!

I just put on some face powder and lip tint and viola! I'm ready!

I hurriedly went through the elevator and found Brent at the lobby patiently waiting for me.

"Jamie." Brent smiled as he acknowledged my presence.

"Brent." And we both chuckled.

"So where do you want to have lunch?" Brent asked.

I checked my wristwatch and found that it's close to the start of their basketball game.

"Are you hungry? If you want, let's just take some food out and eat while on the road. I don't want you to be late on your game." I looked at Brent but he looked away while trying to suppress a little smile. What's wrong with this guy now?

"That's sweet of you Jamie. But I'd like to spend my first lunch date with you now. So com'on!" He held my hand abruptly and it's my time to look away while blushing.

I immediately pulled back my hand from his grasp.

"What lunch date are you talking about? We're just going to eat okay? It's not a date." I said the words with my hands at my waist and then punched him slightly on his tummy.

"Haha! Ouch! Feisty Jamie! I'm just joking. Com'on!" Brent said while laughing. Insane.

We were having fun at Brent's car until we reached the far north side. I smiled when I saw the playground outside and a wide hill that I guess is suitable for fun activities like sledding. I'm going to take a picture later in here for sure.

I was busy scanning the place until I found Brent holding his hand out for me as his other hand is holding the car door for me.

"Welcome to Berkley park Jamie!" Brent said as I reached his hand. I just nodded and uttered a simple thanks.

I was trailing behind Brent until we reached the gym where I saw some guys doing a warm up. Maybe they're part of the game, I thought to myself.

"I'll just go to the wash room, Brent." I told Brent who is walking in front of me.