04.

THEY STOOD LIKE that for what felt like hours. In the middle of the waiting room, FP Jones held the women he loved most on the world. His arms wrapped around her torso and hugged so tightly that he might break a rib, and she just might let him.

Maeve was the first to pull away, though her arms never left his neck. FP did the same, his hands rested on her hips not wanting to let go in case she would disappear and prove to him that this was all just a dream. He just got her back and as much as he loved her out there living her dream he wanted her to be here with him.

"Archie said that you were here...but I just didn't believe it." he said, taking in all her facial features. However his face dropped on realization that he never asked how she was doing. He was told that she was there when Fred was shot and she drove him to the hospital by herself. He lifted his hands off her hips and lifted them up to her face.

"Are you okay?"

Maeve didn't even realize she was leaning into his touch until her head was fully resting against his palm. "Just shakin' up." she replied quietly, calming his nerves a little "i'm more concerned for Fred then anything."

FP couldn't say he didn't agree with her. Fred was his best friend since he was a kid and now he's fighting for his life in the operating room. He sighed "yeah..." he glanced over towards some empty chairs "c'mon, let's sit."

He rested his hand on her lower back as he guided her to the chairs. She sat down running her fingers through her hair, letting it fall messily around her head. She hated how she looked right now. It was the first time seeing him in a few years and her hair was a mess from air drying after the shower. She had no makeup and tear stains on her cheeks. Not exactly the most...attractive look.

FP didn't seem to notice though. Not like she thought he did. He still thought she was the most beautiful women he ever met. He subconsciously lifted his hand up and ran it through her strawberry blonde hair.

Then in dawned on him. What was she doing in Riverdale in the first place? It wasn't that he was unhappy to see her, he just wasn't under the impression she was coming back any time soon. His face scrunched up in confusion, she noticed this and frowned. Was there something on her face?

"what's wrong?" she asked. He smiled slightly "nothing...it's just..what were you doing in Riverdale?"

Her eyes widened when she realized he had no idea she was moving back to the town of pep. She chuckled nervously, she wasn't sure how he was going to react. It wasn't like she thought he was going to get angry—her mind just ran wild sometimes with so many questions.

Like, what if he already had a girlfriend and didn't want her around as much. Or, what if he'd rather her stay in New York. To be fair she left him here and went to New York he has every right to be angry.

"Um..." she hummed, shifting in her seat "I moved home."

His eyes widened in disbelief. She's moving home? Did he hear that correctly?

He didn't think she would ever move back home. He was under the impression that she loved New York and never planned on changing her mind. He thought that when she left when they were young that her days of living in Riverdale were over.