Chapter Thirteen

Ty lifted his head from his iPhone to see Paislee by the entrance. Pleasant warmth washed over him, seeing her all dressed in his things. “Come right in.” He beckoned her with his usual smile to join him.

That smile; that face. Paislee could identify with. She walked in quietly and sat on the stool beside him. The kitchen was neat and delightfully simple. The pizza box lay on the kitchen island. Two serving plates, with a fork and table knife beside each of them, were placed out. Completing the content was a glass jug of clean water and two glass cups.

Ty opened the pizza box, freeing its pleasant aroma. He took out a slice and placed it on the plate in front of Paislee. “Here you are.” He smiled kindly at her. Reaching for the box, he picked another piece and placed it on his plate. “Feel free to eat as much as you can.”

Paislee looked up at him. “Thank you,” she said in a quiet voice. She picked the silver fork and table knife, sliced a piece of the pizza. “Ssshh,” she hissed in pain after putting it in her mouth. The piece brushed her injured lip and it hurt.

Ty chuckled a bit to lighten the mood. “Let me help.” He chopped her pizza slice into small pieces, so it won’t be so difficult for her to eat anymore.

“Thank you,” Paislee appreciated his gesture. Quietly, she concentrated on her food and ate, enduring the small pain which accompanied the effort.

Ty too remained silent, as he ate. It gave him special warmth, sharing this casual moment with Paislee. He had never felt that way with any of the paramours he occasionally indulged.

“It’s strange seeing these tattoos on your arms,” Paislee voiced her burning thoughts as she started eating her third slice of the pizza Ty had helped to chop into pieces on her plate.

“I have had most of them since I was a teenager.” Ty looked into her thoughtful dark eyes, before they looked back down on her plate.

“Do you still get more?”

“Nah. I had the last ones when I was twenty-one.”

“Are they permanent?”

“Yes.”

Paislee ate more of her pizza. Her curiosity concerning Ty continued to eat her up. She was seeing this version of him, different from the norm she upheld. He felt like a beautiful paradox; one which would be hard to unravel. She didn’t feel so bold or qualified to ask him any more questions about himself.

“You wish to see the rest of it?” Ty asked, breaking the solemn silence, which permeated their meal.

Paislee smiled mildly and nodded shyly. She watched Ty pull off his pristine white T-shirt. Her breath came sharp as she beheld the marvelling sight of his darken firm abs. From his collarbone, down to almost his waist line, his skin had a magical and somewhat mystical combination of strange and some beautiful drawings. There were touches of darkened color shades to the mostly black patterns. Some of them looked rough like they had depths. It was a pleasant contrast from the smooth ivory skin of his face to neck and hands.

“Can I touch them?”

“Yes.” Ty’s playful smile remained in place.

Paislee slid down from her stool and came very close to Ty. Stricken in awe, she slowly traced her fingers from both of her hands over the patterns. She curiously examined them, walking round to stand at his back, which was completely covered by the tattoos.

“Did it hurt?” Paislee continued to lightly touch the patterns on his back.

Ty chuckled lightly. Paislee’s feathery touch was stirring wild heat in him. He didn’t spend solemn moments interacting personally with any woman. He could not explain why he allowed himself to go with the flow when he was with Paislee. It was different, the way he felt towards her. He wanted to protect her, to shield her, to give her everything she ever wished for. It even scared him the possessiveness he was beginning to feel towards her.