Chapter 3 Shopping

After being approached by Ryuuen, I went back to the classroom, listened to Shiina talk about books... (Actually, I don't even remember what she was talking about) and then went straight to the entrance ceremony.

Well, the entrance ceremony was not much different from a normal school, and we listened to stories from great people, and it ended without any problem.

After receiving an explanation about the facilities before noon, the class immediately dismissed as it was the first day.

Meanwhile, most of the class forms groups and heads to cafes and shopping malls.

Oi oi oi, it was just the first day and you guys already formed your own groups. Hachiman cannot do something as grand as that!

Well, not that matters to me.

I bring myself to the library alone. I knew the library was a famous place before I entered this school through the pamphlet.

I then changed my shoes at the entrance and headed to the library, but it was closed.

(The hell? Well, I guess it was still closed because it was the first day. Can't be helped)

I thought to kill time till evening in the library, now what should I do?

Shopping is the next thing I guess.

I want to buy the necessities but at the same time I don't want to spend much money as I don't know much about the points.

Let's see, I have 100.000 yen, let's do the renowned 50% 30% 20% rule.

I want to at least have 50.000, however because I don't have any rent to pay, I guess around 65.000 as savings is good. The remaining 35000 is for my living expenses and hobby, which is reading.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me at that moment.

It was Shiina Hiyori who sat beside me.

I nodded at her, and she nodded in response.

"Are you here for the library? If so, give up. Looks like it's closed for today."

I pointed at the announcement posted in front of the door.

She looked visibly sad for a moment.

"I see... That's regrettable. What will Hikigaya-kun do next? Are you going back to the dormitory?"

"No, I will go buy necessities and look for books next."

"You will be looking for a book... Then I will go with you."

Huh? Shit

I said the wrong words, and shouldn't have said books in front of a bookworm such as Shiina. Now her tension got back again as she decided to follow me.

Instead of asking if it is okay to go together, she said she will follow me.

There's a clear difference between those two.

If the former then I could just say some reason and reject it, but the latter she will just stick to me like a bug.

The hurdle is a bit too much for a loner like Hachiman. But since the one who asked is Shiina, who is a top tier beauty from my eyes, 9/10. It's not a possibility, but she will definitely become popular.

I guess making a good relationship with her is not a bad idea.

"The truth is... there's a book that I want to buy today..."

Shiina started to talk cheerfully about books but looks like she will really follow me.

In the end, I could only nod to Shiina's proposal as we headed to the bookstore together.