12- [ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴜꜱᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ]

⚝

Today, we returned to Seoul, a turn of events that I never anticipated. Throughout the journey, Taehyung and I remained silent, the weight of unspoken words hanging in the air.

In our friendship, we used to engage in endless conversations about various topics, but now it feels as if everything has vanished. There is no longer anything to approach him about.

Honestly, I don't want him to approach me either, because I hate him for the unfairness he has shown me.

I forgot to mention that we are driving to our new house.

The word "our" feels strange, sending a shiver down my spine.

When did all this happen?

My brain still struggles to process it, almost like a never-ending nightmare or a surreal dream from which I wish to be abruptly awakened.

However, I know this is the cruel reality I must face. I steal a glance at Taehyung, who is fully focused on driving.

before we got married, Taehyung had mentioned that he would be buying a new place to live, finally moving out of his parents' mansion. Only he knows where we are headed. I haven't asked, and he hasn't mentioned it.

I wished for this moment to last forever, as the future ahead felt like a terrifying nightmare.

After some time, the car pulls into a parking area. Oh, we have arrived.
adding to my belief that life despised me.

Taehyung unbuckles his seatbelt and gives me a look that I can interpret somehow. I also step out of the car

, allowing my eyes to wander around. Everywhere I turn, it's a sea of lush greenery. Trees and flowers adorn the surroundings, and the air feels refreshingly different from the bustling city.

There is something rejuvenating about this area. My gaze then lands on a two-story building with a penthouse,

our new home.

His new house ......his-h...........................
................ FINE, OUR !!!!

Taehyung always expressed his desire to live in a peaceful place like this, but I never expected him to actually make it happen.

Although he loves the serenity of such a setting, he himself is not peaceful.

I walk towards the elevator situated in the corner. As the doors open, both of us step inside. Taehyung unlocks another door and gestures for me to enter first. I do as he says, and as I step inside,

my jaw almost drops in awe. The interior is remarkably beautiful. It perfectly captures my and Taehyung's taste for a fusion of formal elegance with vintage charm. I can't believe he managed to make it so stunning. I glance at him and reply,