KING OF MY HEART

KING OF MY HEART;

finnick odair

——

Is this the end of all the endings?
My broken bones are mending
With all these nights we're spending
Up on the roof with a school girl crush
Drinking beer out of plastic cups
Say you fancy me, not fancy stuff
Baby, all at once, this is enough

——

Celeste Reyes had always loved the water, she loved the way the waves crashed against the rocks, the way it was almost endless, it was a mystery. She loved collecting sea shells by the shore. She spent most of her days by the water, whether it was going out fishing with her father, or simply just spending a day at the beach.

Her bestfriend, Finnick, was the reason she loved collecting seashells so much.

Infact, it was how she met the boy—Celeste had tripped on one of the rocks near the sea and scraped her knee, being the 5 year old she was, she cried in pain on the deserted area, next thing she knows, she sees a small blonde boy approching her.

"Are you alright?" He asked her.

"I hurt my knee" she moaned in pain.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay" He sympathised.

He walked away, making Celeste think he just left her there. Five minutes later, she spotted the young boy, only this time he had something in his hand.

"Here, this should help" He said holding up a band-aid with a hopeful smile on his face as he began to apply it.

"Thanks, My names Celeste, Whats yours?" She asked.

"Uh- Finnick Odair" He replied, happy that the pretty girl he had just met had stopped crying.

The boy dug his hand into his pocket as if he was looking for something,

"Um, here," he said hand a seashell to her, a beautiful one at that. He placed the seashell into her hand carefully.

"Thank you, it's really pretty!"

After that interaction, the pair had become closer than ever, so it was safe to say the day of finnicks reaping, she was a mess, sure, she had hope in him, but she didn't want to get her hopes up, so she said her 'last goodbyes'— in preparation for the worst.