one; the reaping

CHAPTER 1;

the reaping

          The salty breeze in the air brushed off Celeste tanned skin as she waked along the pebbles that scattered the edge of the beach

The salty breeze in the air brushed off Celeste tanned skin as she waked along the pebbles that scattered the edge of the beach. Her feet lightly tapped on the rocky ground as she walked towards the sandy beach. She was deep in her thoughts, what if she was picked in the reaping?. She thought it was impossible, no way her and Finnick would both have to compete in the Hunger games—right?..

She plopped down on the sandy ground as she watched the deep blue body of water as the turbulent waves crashed onto the beach like lava erupting out of a volcano at full speed.

She had to go home and get ready for the reaping soon, she wasn't ready yet, but her mother would kill her if she was late.

Celeste took a deep breath of the salty air, taking the taste of
District 4 in—almost as if she thought she would never be hear again, on this beach. She didn't have the best feeling about today, but she thought she was just paranoid, like she was every year. She also thought about her little sister, Mara, she could be reaped, but her name was only in the bowl once, so the odds were probably in her favour.

She arose from the ground and made her way back up the beach, she felt the breeze blow her long, dark hair in all kind's of different directions as she walked home.

As she made her way towards her house, she walked softly, lost in her thoughts about her sister. The anticipation of her Mara's eligibility for the games this year made her feel nervous. She pushed open the door and immediately heard her name being called.

"Celeste!" She heard her mother call out.

"Mom?"

"Celeste, darling, you need to get changed for the reaping ceremony" Her mother emerged from the kitchen.

"Yeah Mom, I know" Celeste replied as she made her way to her bedroom.

Her bedroom had a predominantly white color scheme, with pops of blue accents sprinkled throughout. She made her way over to her closet, opening it and taking in the sight of her clothes.

She started looking for something to wear and ended up choosing a stunning gray dress. It had a sweetheart neckline, a fitted silhouette with sequins scattered on the bodice, and a flared skirt that had different lengths, stopping below her knees, giving it an appearance like a jellyfish , she thought. To enhance the dress, she accessorized with a pearl headband and necklace, adding a touch of elegance. And to complete the look, she opted for white sandals with a small heel.

She didn't exactly feel good about today, but atleast she looked good.

"Celeste, you look amazing!" She heard her little sister speak from the other side of the room.