Chapter 4

Their parents – Yunjin cringes at the wording – their parents are still on a trip. The cruise ended a week ago, but they stumbled upon this picturesque little town in Europe and they are staying for however long it's needed to eat croissants and wander narrow paved streets.

Her father doesn't call her. Chaewon informs her of this after a short talk with her mother. It mostly consisted of Chaewon's occasional grunts and Yunjin's silent questioning as to why Chaewon is having this talk when Yunjin's trying to watch a documentary. She was also wondering why Chaewon was pretending to read next to her while she was watching the documentary. Maybe she should move the TV to her room. No, that wouldn't be fair, the living room is a neutral territory. She doesn't have the monopoly on it. Not anymore.

They haven't mentioned the kiss. Well. Verbally. Chaewon is everywhere, and she's stopped believing in the concept of pants, too.

She's very, very confusing. Yunjin catches her glances, dark and heavy. She can't tell if Chaewon wants to punch her or kiss her. Maybe, to Chaewon, those are one and the same. Yunjin's certain of one thing: after that unfortunate night their dynamic has shifted, and she has no idea where they stand now. She liked it a lot more when they were resentful, unwilling step-siblings. Now, the control is slipping away from her and Chaewon is much better at handling the situation than she is. Then again, Chaewon's the one to have put them in this situation.

A fabulous lie, Yunjin thinks, and pushes the memory of her own lips moving against Chaewon's to the back of her mind.

She's downstairs doing her homework when Chaewon starts to cry out and moan, coupled with another set of distinctively female sounds. A girl today. That's refreshing. The girl isn't as vocal about her pleasure as Chaewon. None of Chaewon's lovers are as far as Yunjin can tell from her unwilling observations.

The sounds she makes are loud enough to penetrate the heavy oak door of her father's study. Yunjin grits her teeth and goes to turn up the volume, only to discover it's already on maximum. And yes, she doesn't hear Chaewon as clearly anymore, but now the music doesn't let her concentrate and the music doesn't erase the knowledge that Chaewon is getting her brains fucked out.

This is ridiculous.

She doesn't even think as she shoots to her feet and marches up the stairs. She really should have. The door to Chaewon's room is wide open, and she's treated to a lovely sight of Chaewon riding the unknown blonde.

(Does Chaewon even know her name? Sometimes, they don't know Chaewon's.)

Chaewon's hair is tangled up in her own fingers and her hips are moving with abandon. Yunjin tries, she really, really does, but her gaze still falls to the place where their hips are joined, and she quickly learns Chaewon doesn't mind toys in her bed. This is so not what she needs right now.

It all happens within a short space of time. No more than a second, really. Yunjin's gaze snaps up to meet Chaewon, and Chaewon, oh. She doesn't show even a tiny sign of stopping.

Instead, she looks Yunjin square in the eye, and her shapely thighs move with renewed vigor. Her pupils are wide, wider than they were when she caught Yunjin's lips with her own, wider than when she gripped the edge of the kitchen island, breathing harsh and cheeks rosy. It's clear as day that Chaewon's trying to get a rise out of her, though Yunjin has yet to find the reason. Maybe, this is the reason. The hot flash of something in her belly as she watches her step-sister ride some lowlife to a fake orgasm.

Chaewon's lips stretch in a tiny smirk, and Yunjin snaps out of it, scowl back on her face.

"Chaewon." The girl beneath Chaewon jumps up in surprise, gripping pale hips and prompting Chaewon to release another long moan. The movement must have driven the toy deeper inside her, and Yunjin isn't about to think of that right now. She snarls. "Shut the fuck up."