Chapter 2

Hello Guys, I'm back...

Hmmm ... Fine... I admit that it sounded cliche ....  so I'm gonna name you, my readers as fireflies okay... Here is the next chapter for you ...

===========================================================================

.

.

The thoughts running through Karn's mind were going at a speed that was too much for him to handle... The sudden change from Suthputra Karn to Angraj Karn was not something he even dreamed of... As he thought of his new Mitra, he was in awe of Kumar Duyodhan and his open-mindedness (Is that the word??) ...

He scoffed as he recollected the events that occurred in the arena. He recollected how every one of them had that unbelieving expression on their faces when he said Arjun is not the most valorous of all ...

How is he even gonna tell this to his Radha maa and Baba... Karn signed deeply as he realized they might already know about this as Adiraj was already in the arena and would have heard Duryodhan announcing him as the king of Anga... "King"...Karn was mentally hyperventilating at the thought... How was he gonna rule a country, that was disaster-prone?? Sure he had his trust in his Guru Bhagwan Parashuram's teaching and his hard work, but he was unsure whether the people of Anga would accept him ... Maybe Ashwathamma could help him ... After all this Mitra was also crowned the king of Northern Panchal recently...  

Even though he detested the plain partiality he experienced from Guru Dronacharya, he found a friend in Ashwathamma. In such a short period, he realized that Ashwathamma was a clear example of "Appearances are deceptive". His mate sure looked angry and even gave a Don't disturb me aura, Well Once you smile at him, he is a sunshine... He(Karn) learned that his mate was a hidden prodigy in medicine and astrology. He was a walking, talking Encyclopedia ...

His blooming face fell when he recalled how the same phrase described the Kuruvansh...

He had heard from the villagers that Pandavas were righteous, never the one to discriminate and always provide Justice and help to those who seek it, if it's not against Dharm ... and the Kauravas – the devil incarnated to ruin the dynasty and cause destruction ... He chuckled sarcastically ... The people said what they thought the princes would be like, but He knows the truth... Of course, he knows, after all, it was he who experienced and saw the real faces of the Pandavas... One thing they said about Pandavas was right, TOGETHER THEY ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE.

A new thought hit Karn like lightning... By being the new king of Anga, He'll surely have to leave Hastinapur soon enough... That's it, He will beg his Radha maa to come with him and ....Kalyani... she doesn't even know I'm now a king... How will I convince her and Baba. He already guessed what they were going to say " I'm bound to my dharm". The same phrase that has practically bound his two most beloved and trusted persons in his life... He wondered whether he'd also be bound one day ... He signed ...

As he was walking around the palace lost in his thoughts, he bumped into something... or someone to be exact... He apologized sincerely and he looked up and saw Yudhishtir... The crown prince of Hastinapur ...

Yudhishtir joined his hands and said: I didn't see you coming. My apologizes...

Karn : Pranipat Rajkumar. There is no need to apologize Kumar... Even I was being ignorant here ...

Yudhistir: Where are you heading Angraj?

Karn looked at Yudhistir and said " No where, the palace ways are a little confusing " He suddenly blinked his eyes in recognition and asked How Rani Kunti was. Dharmaputr replied that he and his brothers were actually on the way to meet their mother.

The rest of the Pandavas were watching the scene unfold... Sahadev ever being the considerate one asked Angraj " Why don't you accompany us, Angraj"... Arjun also supported it and said, " Yes Angraj, Join us" However Karn was hesitant. He looked at Arjun and wondered who this was ...Where did the competitive, arrogant archer go and who is this man smiling at him...

Where did the competitive, arrogant archer go and who is this man smiling at him

(The duality he possesses ... My god...)

Karn: " I'm afraid, I have to decline Princes. It's late and my family would be waiting for me. It was a pleasure to meet you my princes and do convey my regards to His Highness the Queen. Shub Nidra Princes ."

Karn left the princes and made his way towards the Exit... He was grateful to Prince Nakul for showing him the way out. Bheem looked at the retreating figure of Karn and said " Is that the Angraj Karn we meet at the arena or some duplicate of him". The 4 brothers looked at Bheem confused. Ignoring their faces he continued "Definitely some duplicate... The man who we saw at the arena was so arrogant, how dare he challenge my brother and now look at this man... So calm and polite". Bheem is known for his strength, But others underestimate his love and protectiveness towards his loved ones ... He is the most possessive and protective of all Pandavas ...

It was Arjun who replied with a smiling face that Angraj was just responding according to the situation... " He needed a stage to prove his worth and he proved it... That's all... And about challenging me... I'm impressed and pleased to have a competitor... With a competitor, Success tastes the sweetest and it helps me in improving myself..."

Bheem : " But Arjun He is a –"

Arjun interrupted him understanding what he was onto and said " No Bhrata, Skill and hard work is all that matters and from when did caste and gotra get to decide what one can do and cannot do... It all depends on ourselves, how we want to shape our future"

Yudhistir, who was listening to this added " He is right Bheem... Life is like a glass, You can hold it with no care and break it or hold just enough to know that you are the one in control or can hold it so tightly that the glass may break and hurt you. It's in each one's hand what he has to do or how much passion he has for what he dreamt of ". He reached over and caressed His Dhanurdhari Anuj's cheek as he said, "Well said my Anuj, When did you grow up so much...."

His eyes showed how proud he was of his brother... Yudhistir has always been the father figure for the 4 brothers ... Since the demise of their beloved Father Pandu and Madri Matha, their elder brother has taken care of them and left no stone unturned ... He was their Best mentor, adviser and safe place... He was someone they idolized with their whole heart... To be praised by him was like floating on the clouds for the brothers...Parth mentally thanked his Parthavi for changing his mentality towards caste systems... ( You guys do know, who our Parthavi is, right ?? )

The brothers then went to their mother's Kaksh impatiently... They had to stay away from their mother when they went to Gurukul... They may be mighty warriors but mother is mother ... No one can take her place in the heart of her child... No matter how old the child is ... and now they have heard that their mother fainted, nothing can calm their hearts unless they see their mother for themselves...

================================================================================

How did the chapter go ??

Will Pandavas get to know the truth?

How do you think they will react?

Don't forget to Vote and comment ...

- N_P_V

😃❤