Chapter 7

Hello my dear fireflies.... I know it's been pretty late...I'm so sorry about that...

Now Back to the story...
_________________________________________
Recap: Duryodhan questions the scene at the court .... Bhaumati's here
----------------------

"Bhanu....."

Duryodhan slowly raised his head to meet the doe-eyes shimmered like honey under the gaze of the burning fire on the nightstand lamp.

Her cute button-nose that always reminded him of a baby and her plum lips which always held a slight smile which was enough to make him forget half of his worries....

"Bhanu...."

(Credits to your one and only Author

(Credits to your one and only Author... and AI 😁)

"Hm Hmm" Bhanumati hummed in acknowledgement and then with a slight nod upward with her chin, she asked what happened.

"Bhanu.... " Duryodhan recounted the events and as he listed the events she was beside him, listening to all his queries, all his insecurities, and emotions which he had bottled in him.

"Dhriti... you do know right that whatever has happened it is always for the best.. and see wasn't it you who wanted Karn to join our family as your dear friend? and now Maharishi Ved Vyas has included him in the ceremony giving him importance in the court"

"And Dhriti... Every mystery has to be revealed one day. Maybe not today, But someday it will."

"What happened in the court, what was the implied message, everything will make sense one day. One has to be only patient enough for that."

Duryodhan looked at her and smiled.

Yes, the big wolf has an innocent, warm side too which he opens up to only selected people and Bhanu managed to break those giant walls and make her place in his heart.

"How do you do that.... calming me down like.... my god... Tell me do you have some superpower.... I won't tell anybody...Promise!!..."

Bhanumati chuckled at his act. She flicked his forehead with her index and thumb finger and said "A princess never reveals her secrets". Her giggles echoed throughout the room.

Duryodhan looked into her eyes and there he went... lost in his thoughts but this time, only Bhanu occupied his mind.

She is someone whom he could always count on. Someone who would never judge on the basis of some prophecy ...

After he was done talking, he noticed Bhanu was still looking at him with that look in her eyes which always made him melt inside...

"What happened Bhanu... Why are you looking at me like that..."

She just shook her head slowly indicating "Nothing".

Duryodhan slowly raised his hands to caress her cheeks.

Just as he was about to touch her...

She transformed into a silhouette formed of butterflies🦋🦋🦋🦋 .....

"This .... always happens........." With the still raised hand, Duryodhan chuckled and then scratched the back of his head with a silly smile playing on his lips.

.

.

.

.

"To whom were you talking to , my bachee"

Duyodhan signed deeply.

On the other side of the palace, someone was sitting on his jhoola and reading his beloved 's letter...

Kirthi...

How are you? Still hugging your bow huh...?

(Arjun quietly but hurriedly kept his bow which he was indeed hugging in glee while reading his krishnaa's letter...)

Now wipe that pout off your face, my mighty warrior ...

(Arjun looked sideways at the mirror 🪞 on the wall... and yep he was definitely not at all pouting..)

Kirthi...

Know that I love you and will wait for you till my last breath...

Even though you are far away from me, I have given you something of mine...My heart... Take care of it... Whenever you need me, I'll be there for you...

Kashi missed you too, you know...

I'm jealous of how you just became his favourite... No worries Saheba likes me more...

How did the Pradarshan go....? How is Mata and brothers???

Everything is okay at Hastinapur, right? And what is this I'm hearing about the new king of Anga?

Anyway, I... Kirthi.....

I'll wait for you...

Your Krishnaa...

Arjun folded the little note and kept it in a box adorned with precious jewels. He kept the box in its place away from sight and wrote a reply to his beloved...

He walked towards Kashi and started stroking his neck and said:

"You don't have to wait for long my Krishnaa... I'll come soon to get my bride..."

===========================================================================

How was it?

Did you like it?

What do you think Arjun will do next?

Your votes and comments keep me motivated.

I hope you enjoy reading the story.

See you soon...