Chapter 2: It's an Agreement

While walking through the streets, you saw reports on the TV screens about your victory in another brutal match.

"They're always willing to market it for popularity," you scoffed. "It's always the same."

You continued walking as you heard something in the park. You went to check it out and saw Mikan being harassed and beaten by a bunch of students.

You began to have a flashback to when you ended up being abused as a child, and walked over there.

"I think you've all gone far enough," you stated.

"Stay out of it if you know what's best for you," one of the bullies said.

"You've got three seconds to leave if you want to keep your teeth," you responded.

One of the bullies threw a punch at you, but you dodged it and punched the bully in the stomach. Another bully charged at you, but you avoided it and kicked them in the chest.

Another one of the bullies pulled out a pocket knife and tried to stab you. You got a cut on your hand, but otherwise, you were able to disarm them and beat them up. Afterwards, you looked at the remaining bullies and glared at them.

"You want to cut your losses and go, or stick around and find out what your buds are going through?"

The bullies ran away and you went to check up on Mikan.

"Are you okay?"

Mikan looked at you in surprise at what you did for her before taking your hand.

Mikan: "Why did you help me?"

"I don't like people who look down on others."

Mikan: "Thank you."

She noticed the cut on your hand and pulled out some gauze.

Mikan: "You got to take care of yourself. I've seen your last matches and the injuries you got from them."

"I'm used to it."

Your statement didn't sit well with her.

Mikan: "I don't want you to get hurt for me."

"And I don't want you to be treated like a bug by others."

Mikan was surprised at your statement, then thought for a second and got an idea.

Mikan: "So, you need someone to help with your injuries?"

"And I can help you with any bullies that try to harass."

Mikan: "Maybe I could be your personal nurse and you be my protector of a sort."

"I think that can benefit both of us."

Mikan: "Then it's official."

"You want me to walk you home?"

Mikan blushed.

Mikan: "Sure. I could use the company until I get there."

You and Mikan walk away from the park, glad that this part of the day is over.