Ch10| Courage

Shiv tossed and turned, recalling how he caved, despite the promise he made to Tia, that he'll refuse the proposal. His father emphasised, how a Kapoor and Oberoi merger would bring about opportunities for them. The company would be listed amongst the Forbes top 10.

"But Papa, Tia is like a sister to me...She and I we've been friends as long as I can remember...I...I feel awkward...and I feel it's not right..."

"Feel? You are kidding me Shiv? What did I tell you when you stepped into my office the first day? Remember?"

"It's business, leave your feelings aside! I remember...And I have lived by that!  Papa...but...business...and life...I mean marriage is for life isn't it?"

"So? Your mother and I got married the same way! You have known each other forever you'll make it work.."

"Papa...But.."

"No buts I am telling Kapoors that you agree..Do you understand Mister?"

"Papa..."

Tej cut him off and dialled Mr.Kapoor and exchanged pleasantries.

He remember how resentful Tia was when he broke the news that he failed to convince his father. Tia was in love, though he didn't understand or had a clue what love is, he saw how she broke down the day she broke up with Robin. Tias father had had a heart attack for all the stress she's been giving him, and she eventually caved in. It turned out the Kapoor industries needed a merger more than they did, due to some poor investments.

Perhaps if he fought a bit harder, if he didn't have this colossal need to please his father, it wouldn't have happened. But then he tried to see his father's reasoning behind it. He saw the company stocks going up just by the rumours of them getting hitched. At that moment he so selfishly decided that this was the right thing to do. In away being a savvy business woman Tia understood her parent's point of view too.

For the first month, she barely spoke a word to him. Their friendship for years was shattered. Eventually they outgrew the awkwardness, and came to a mutual agreement. An agreement to respect and be honest to each other always.

Right now that respect and honesty was hanging by a thread because of his actions. Actions that he cannot justify nor understand. He felt like an utter failure. He could only see one solution. Avoid the reason he was acting all irrational and stupidly—Ann.

The limited visiting hours, helped, and he coordinated times via text with her. Ansh told him, that Thaper followed her in an out of the hospital like a honeybee,after their ring ceremony. He had enough nightmares as it is, picturing her and Thaper together. Another pain in the neck, thanks to the mother of his child.

Tia hasn't called him back either, despite the countless voice messages he left her. His father gave him a piece of his mind for missing out on an investor meeting in the morning, and he still couldn't get himself to focus. His perfectly planned life was tumbling down like a bunch of Jenga blocks.. His marriage was falling apart, His work was lagging behind, His mind was blank most of the time...and it was all because of her.

The only time he felt himself was the time he spent with Ansh, in that sterilised, small hospital room. His hair had started to grow back, and he looked livelier every day. The doctors were happy with the results, and his outcome was looking far more positive than they expected. Looking at him, getting stronger day by day, he felt proud, and happy. But every time he yapped about his Momma, it felt like a screw driver was ramming through his heart.