Prologue: It happened again

It's happening again. There is nothing that can stop it now, and the strange part? It wasn't the world destroying itself again, but adding more realms. There is supposed to be only sixteen; why is there more joining in? No one knows, and everything just got more dangerous.

"WOA, WHY IS THERE ANOTHER MERGEQUAKE?!" Lloyd yelled as he pointed to the sky. However, instead of showing random colors in the sky, it showed landscapes. It was deja vu to the ninja, knowing that they'd seen it before. "I don't think it's just a merge quake," Zane paused before continuing his sentence. "It's another realm merging with ours; we don't know how many realms are going to merge with ours, but... I don't think it's safe to come close to it." Zane continued his sentence.

It was fast; it merged faster than the first merge. The ninjas didn't know what happened, but all they knew was that they passed out. Kai was the first to wake up, and it didn't seem to add any changes to the monastery. While Wyldfyre was the last to wake up, "That merge didn't seem to change anything in the monastery," Zane spoke as he looked around, seeing no changes. "I guess I have to explore again; that merge must have at least added new places to explore." Kai grinned. "I'll come with; there might be new tech that could help us find out what realms got merged with ours," Zane said as he looked at Lloyd to see his response.

"I'll come with! Someone's got to take care of em' old people!" Wyldfyre grinned while Kai stared at her with a disapproving look. "No, it could be too dangerous and-" Lloyd tried reasoning with her, but she cut him off. "Blah, blah, blah, quiet master of green boggers." Wyldfyre rolled her eyes. Kai managed to stop himself from laughing while Lloyd glared at him. "I agree, it would be dangerous. You could get hurt! And I know you'll plan to bring Heatwave, but may I remind you that it could be dangerous, and Heatwave could also get hurt." Kai sighed, but he couldn't help but smile a bit. Wyldfyre reminded him of himself when he was younger, and Wyldfyre's red hair kind of reminded him of one of his fathers.

"I- FINE! I'll stay here." Wyldfyre muttered a few insults after she spoke; she couldn't admit it, but she really thought of Kai as her mentor. Lloyd glanced at Kai, sending him a look that said, "How the fuck did you manage to make her agree?" while Kai just smiled and shrugged. "Alright, but first, let's check outside; we haven't really checked out there yet," Cole finally said. "Sure," Arin agreed. The group went outside; it looked normal. The sky was blue, birds soared freely in the sky, and the landscape was as beautiful as ever.

"Um, hello?" An echoey voice spoke softly. The group looked behind them and saw a... Person? Ghost? Standing before them. They were translucent, they had a yellow sweater, they had brown hair, their eyes were fully white, their hands had some blue on them, and they also had a blue sheep with them—the most important detail. They had a stab wound that was bleeding blue. The ninjas would be lying if they said they weren't shocked or taken back by the sight. "Hi!.. Friends? I'm Ghostbur, and I'm trying to find my brother, Tommy!" The ghost waved at them. "What the fuck?" Kai whispered under his breath. "Umm, hello, I guess? My name is Cole." Cole searched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Oh, Hi Coal! Pretty weird name having to be named under an ore, but then again, I've seen weirder names, anyway. Have you seen my brother? He must have been so worried about me suddenly leaving him," Ghostbur said with a frown. "If you don't mind me asking, what does your brother look like?" Kai asked. "Oh! Um, he has blonde hair... almost like this fella!" Ghostbur pointed at Lloyd before speaking again, "and he has blue eyes a bit like your friend there." He pointed at Zane. "Anddd... He had a scar on his face." Ghostbur smiled brightly as he pointed at his face. The ninjas made sure to make a mental note of what the ghost said.

"I could give more descriptions, but from the looks of things, I don't think you've seen him." Ghostbur started fidgeting with his fingers as he frowned deeply. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find him." Kai tried comforting the ghost; he didn't know why he was saying those words. But somewhere in his mind, he knew how it felt. Trying to find your missing sibling. "Yeah!" Arin grinned brightly; the ghost's eyes brightened when he saw their enthusiasm. Ghostbur started smiling. "Thank you; if I asked the others from where I'm from, I don't think they would've helped." Ghostbur's mind started to wander off before saying, "E-except for Tommy's friends, of course." Ghostbur laughed awkwardly. The ninjas shared a worried glance, then looked back at Ghostbur.

"So, Ghostbur. Tell us about your realm; what's the name of it?." Nya spoke. "Oh! I'm from the Dream SMP. We have nations, hybrids, gods, and more!" Ghostbur seemed enthusiastic to talk about it. "I never heard of a realm like that..." Lloyd muttered, trying to process the information given to them. The others seemed to be as puzzled as he was. "By the way, you guys have never told me your names yet, except for coal," Ghostbur added. "Oh, right, I'm Lloyd," Lloyd said with a nervous tone before continuing. "These are Kai, Nya, Arin, Zane, Sora, and Wyldfyre," Lloyd said as Kai spoke up after he introduced them.

"Ghostbur, me and my friend Zane are planning to explore; do you want to go with us?" Kai asked with a kind smile. "Sure!" Ghostbur smiled brightly. They were immediately starting to warm up to the ghost. No one of them could blame the other; Ghostbur was a great presence, even though he gave them goosebumps when they saw the stab wound on him. Which made them question, Who killed Ghostbur? After a while, Kai and Zane were done putting some extra stuff in the bounty. Ghostbur was kind enough to tell the others to watch out for a man called Dream and to trust a man called Philza when they find him. He also told them to trust Ranboo and Tubbo and said he was sorry if he didn't say more names because he had some sort of memory problem.

[In The Room Where It Happens (Somewhere in the bounty)]

"Sorry, I can't stay longer." Kai gave a nervous chuckle as he looked at Cole in the eyes—the eyes of the person he fell in love with. Cole let out a soft breath. "It's alright, Firefly~ someone needs to take care of Lloyd." Cole rubbed his boyfriend's cheek with one hand. Kai responded by grabbing the earth ninja's hand and kissing him passionately. The two pulled away after a while. "I'll miss this." Kai smiled softly at his boyfriend's words. "Mhm~ At least it'll give you something to look forward to when we come back." Kai gave his Cole a mischievous grin. Cole rolled his eyes playfully before returning his attention to his Kai. "One more kiss?" Cole asked while the red ninja chuckled. "Of course~"

Cole soon left the bounty after saying goodbye. "I take it that you two are smitten with each other." Kai swore his soul left his body. He turned around and saw the kind ghost. "Oh, me and him? Y-yeah." Kai blushed slightly, and Ghostbur chuckled in return. "You two remind me of my parents—my father, more so. He loves Mumza very much; he'd even make wedding gowns even though they were already married. He told me that it would look good on her. It was the 20th gown he made." Ghostbur laughed at the memory; he felt warm as he remembered his family. Kai smiled at the ghost and said, "Though I'd love to chat more, we need to find your brother. I'll start the ship now."

When the bounty left, Cole was sure he'd give his Kai thousands of kisses once he got back from exploring.

This was going to be one hell of an experience, and the ninja's wouldn't even know.

:)