Chapter 1: The Crows Have Spoken

The ninjas have been training after Kai, Zane, and Ghostbur left. It was afternoon, and while resting, Lloyd spotted a crow coming up to him. The crow rested on his hand. "Hello?" Lloyd asked with an amused tone. The crow looked him in the eyes. "Where did Ghostbur go?" Lloyd swore he felt his soul leave his body, and he started questioning everything he knew.

. . .

"WHAT THE F-" Lloyd was quickly made to shut up by the crow. "SHHHHHHHH-UT," the crow whisper-yelled, "Lloyd?" Nya peeked outside the monastery and saw Lloyd with a flabbergasted expression sitting down with a crow on his hand. "Pfft! Did you get jump-scared by a crow?" Nya laughed as she pointed at his face.

"N-no, I was just surprised when this crow flew to my hand so suddenly." Lloyd scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Alright, I also wanted to tell you that we'll explore for a bit. Do you want to come with us?" Nya grinned. "Oh, sure!" Lloyd stood up. The crow flew to his hair and rested there. "Woah, you've become a Disney princess," Nya giggled as she went back inside the monastery to tell the others that Lloyd would join them.

"Now, where did Ghostbur go?" The crow repeated its sentence from earlier. "He's going to explore, to find his brother," Lloyd replied as he took a peek inside the monastery and saw Nya walking up to Cole.

"I know you guys have good intentions, so I'll go with you, but for now I must go." The crow flew upwards and started merging with a murder of crows. Lloyd started fixing his hair and soon saw the other ninjas walking up to him except Cole. "Cole said he'd stay in the monastery to keep it protected," Nya sighed, while Lloyd nodded in understanding.

The four started exploring areas near the monastery; it was starting to get dark. A raspy groan came from a tree near by, and the ninjas quickly glanced at the tree. The person had green skin and blackened eyes. They took one good look at the ninjas before running towards them with no worry. "WHAT THE?" Nya yelled as she took one step back. "WHAT IS THAT?!" Sora felt Arin go behind her.

More of these green-skinned people started swarming them; they were quick to spot the ninjas, and they were a bit slow. Wyldfyre was now preparing to attack. Then suddenly...

CAW!

A crow flew down to Lloyd's head. The ninja's guard went down slightly, now focusing on the crow. "Caw caw bitch, crow father is going to save us," the crow said with an amused tone. The ninjas stared at the crow in disbelief.  "Who is crow father?" Lloyd asked quizzically, then suddenly they felt the winds shift as the green-skinned people were struck down by a green and black blurred figure.

"Crow father! Crow father!" The crow yelled happily, "Brian." The person spoke as Brian tilted their head. More of these crows flew down and stayed by the person's side. The person turned to face them. Wyldfyre's guard immediately went up, but it soon fell when Arin and Sora shook their heads, indicating that they didn't need to attack.

They had blonde hair and blue eyes-

Wait a second.

Were they Tommy? The one the ghost mentioned?

"Goodness, are you kids okay?" The person walked up to them with a concerned look on their face. "Yes, sorry, but. What's your name?" Lloyd asked while the man chuckled. "I should be askin' that anyway. My name is Philza. How about you kids?" Philza smiled warmly. The ninjas gave their introductions, and Phil observed them one by one. "Do you know a person named Tommy by any chance?" Phil's eyes widened as she heard the name.

"Yes, I know a person named Tommy. He is my son." Philza chuckled dryly as he continued speaking. "I don't know if the person you are talking about is my son, but have you seen him and could you describe what they look like?" Phil smiled nervously. "A ghost called Ghostbur told us—" Phil immediately cut them off once he heard the name "Ghostbur?" Phil asked in disbelief, "Yeah, his name is Ghostbur." Sora spoke with caution. "He's supposed to be in limbo," Philza muttered silently, but the ninjas heard him, and they looked at each other with a confused look.