15.

REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE.

a few months had passed. gyuri and the girls had started their last year of high school and the boys had gone back to their regular routine at the academy.

ricky and gyuri's relationship was still the same as before. the two still weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, but it was mutually understood that they were exclusive. in fact, ricky had asked gyuri to be his girlfriend a few times but was rejected each time.

there were two simple reasons: ricky's parents and gyuri's parents. she was scared of something happening with the blond's parents again, and she was scared of meeting the same outcome as her own parents. in a way, by rejecting ricky, gyuri was just protecting herself. protecting her heart.

but ricky wasn't one to give up. every single friday morning there would be a bouquet of flowers at gyuri's door with a note telling her how much he adored her, pointing out things he liked about her.

the first time it was her smile. then it was her eyes. then followed her love for coffee, her fashion sense, her humour, and a few other things.

but this morning was different.

there was no bouquet.

𓆩♡ 𓆪

"gyuri are you ready to go?" haera asked the girl sat at the vanity doing her makeup.

"just finished! let me grab a bag," gyuri replied.

the girls had just finished the first term of their last year of high school, so haera had a sleepover at gyuri's the night before. when they woke up, they looked outside the window to see it had snowed. and what better way to spend a snowy day than go to a cafe and sip hot chocolate?

"i kinda miss my bangs, should i cut them again?" gyuri voiced out her thoughts as she put her essentials in her bag (essentials being 2 lip products and gum).

"nah, keep the forehead for a bit. we can dye your hair soon if you really want a change."

"you're so right actually!"

the girls took a few selfies, and then made to leave.

"oh, you haven't put fresh flowers in your vase today?" haera noticed the dying flowers on gyuri's bedside table.

gyuri gave an awkward smile. "that's because i didn't receive flowers today."

"no flowers? did ricky die?"